CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

cant formatt cd-r's   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1892 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> cant formatt cd-r's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cant formatt cd-r's - 12/30/2002 7:48:02 AM   
jrengo

how do you formatt a cd-r in nero?iused to have adapetc witch came with my iomega but now i have a 481rw by norcent and i can not formatt or write to a cd-r and it will not read my cd i made with adapetc .nor can i get incd to formatte a cd-r i beed help now thanks Jackie Rengo
Post #: 1
RE: cant formatt cd-r's - 1/3/2003 2:54:22 AM   
donziehm

You didn't give alot of detail in your message post but I am assuming that you are refering to preformating a CD since you mentioned InCD.

You can only preformat CD-RW media. If your drive supports high speed writing; i.e it say's the same on the face plate of the drive, you can then use high speed; 4X - 12X CD-RW media.

(in reply to jrengo)
Post #: 2
RE: cant formatt cd-r's - 1/10/2003 5:11:18 PM   
R00KIE

nero burns cds it does not format them, also incd is only capable of formating rw media,BUT some UDF writting programs allow you to format CDR media with the UDF file system.
to solve your problem with the reading of your older cds go to the adapteq website and download the UDF driver.
i you want to do incremental writting on cdr use multissesion. nero does all you need.

R00KIE

(in reply to jrengo)
Post #: 3
RE: cant formatt cd-r's - 2/1/2003 6:32:39 AM   
asdfasd

but closing a session every time wastes a lot of cd-r space! I used to use DirectCD from Adaptec, but that was when I had a 2X...
any other burning programs like DirectCD?

(in reply to jrengo)
Post #: 4
RE: cant formatt cd-r's - 2/1/2003 6:35:22 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Packet writing waste's a lot of space too!

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to jrengo)
Post #: 5
RE: cant formatt cd-r's - 2/3/2003 5:28:21 PM   
Matthew

If it's an unclosed DirectCD CD-R, ONLY DirectCD in a writer can read it.

It's a great pity more packet solutions do not have CD-R capability
DLA (Veritas) appears to be one of the few.
InCD, annoyingly, is not

CD-R media, and the variable packet format, are both more robust than CD-RW media and the dispersed packets that entails.

The biggests drawback of CD-R used in this way, is the VERY poor compatibilty until you make readable in all drives (except for those under MSCDEX control in DOS/Win3.1 etc.).
The question is when to take that session overhead, and you can still continue to write.

(in reply to jrengo)
Post #: 6
RE: cant formatt cd-r's - 2/12/2003 4:00:51 AM   
Michael Lee

Your Norcent drive is made by BTC, Iomagic sells the same drive too and is known to have problems with Incd. You need to download the latest Incd from the software area on this website or form Nero. Before you install the update. Right mosue click on the file (icon), select Property. A Dialoque box will appear, select Compatibility. Check Compatibiltity Mode and set it to Windows 2000. Click Apply then OK to exit. Now install that update file, you will be able to format your CDRW media after you reboot. Remember, Incd doesn't support CDR media. If you want to use a CDR as a floppy, use Directcd from Roxio instead.

The fastest computer is not necessary a good running computer.

(in reply to jrengo)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> cant formatt cd-r's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI