CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problem (InCD) my 700MB CD-RW's formated to 572MB   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 718 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Problem (InCD) my 700MB CD-RW's formated to 572MB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem (InCD) my 700MB CD-RW's formated to 572MB - 12/24/2002 7:17:15 AM   
SNYder

Why when formating a 700MB CD-RW in Ahead's InCD does the disk end up with only 572MB of free space? Is that normal?

I love everything about the program except that. I have the full version (the latest) because I already had a full version of Nero. I'm using WindowsXP.

I am using TDK 4x to 10x 80min CD-RW's.

Bellow is a link to my CD-RW drive, the Samsung SM-332B CDRW/DVD combo drive.

http://www.samsungelectronics.com/odd/combo/sm_332b.html

Oh, and if you feel there is a better choice for packet-writing software, lemme know, and leave a link.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem (InCD) my 700MB CD-RW's formated to 572MB - 12/24/2002 4:18:00 PM   
donziehm

Yes, the packet writing format actually writes control info at the beginning of the reformated disk sectors that eats up that much space. Process is similiar to that done for hard drives, etc. With 650 meg CDs, you end up with around 500meg useable space.

Glad to hear you have encountered no problems. Most of the problems with InCD seem to be media related. I also have had good luck with the TDK 10x CD-RW media.

(in reply to SNYder)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem (InCD) my 700MB CD-RW's formated to 572MB - 12/24/2002 8:44:02 PM   
SNYder

Thats what I had guessed may be the cause. :) Sooooo as long as it's normal, I am happy :)

thanks.

(in reply to SNYder)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Problem (InCD) my 700MB CD-RW's formated to 572MB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI