CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up which chip it is?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1163 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up which chip it is? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up which... - 9/18/2004 8:19:45 PM   
yoyomonkey

Just had my xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up which chip it is?

Had my xbox chipped Alladin and also had evox installed.

It plays my backups but I want to make sure that the person has not put in a chip or a flash the rom when i wanted spcifically the aladdin chip i tried pressing the power and keep my finger on looking for flashes of organge light but nothing so far.

It does work with my backup of ninja gaiden i had to rescue for further scratching!

But can anyone help or give me some advice as to what do to I do want to be able to disable the chip and run it as normal but i have no idea that what i am doing is actually working as I have no orange light so far.

Many Thanks

Jazz
Post #: 1
RE: xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up w... - 9/20/2004 9:45:42 AM   
emperor

sorry cannot help with xbox, maybe someone else knows this stuff

(in reply to yoyomonkey)
Post #: 2
RE: xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up w... - 9/30/2004 8:07:19 AM   
carvegio

it is very easy to open the xbox and check what chip you have inside if you have the torx 10 and torx 20 screws, but if it is generation one then you need to table the mobo out

if you don't feel comfertable doing this, there is a nice application out there called bioscheck (latest version 4.0b) which tells you what bios and modchip you have, it can be found in all the usual places, just let me know if you can;t find it i can send it to you

also available on slayers auto installer 2.6 disk

if it comes up with a long line of numbers as mod chip, then it is likely to be a homebrew modchip and just google what it tells you

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up w... - 10/4/2004 1:59:55 PM   
yoyomonkey

thank you so much for the help . I managed to find the programs you listed and they worked!

Thanks again

Jazz

(in reply to yoyomonkey)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> xbox chipped how can i tell without opening it up which chip it is? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI