CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1391 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie - 9/17/2004 7:07:31 AM   
cdx

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a way to dd outgoing link in the end of many movies I have. It's a project for someone I am working for him and he got the same movies om few formats. Avi, Mpeg WMV.

I need to add 2-3 second to each movie with a JPG or something I will add there with a picture and a link- when someone will click on it - it will open a browser window and send him to the website.

How can I do it in the fastest way? Someone told me that I can do it just with WMV, is it true?

THanks in advance for any help...

Cdx.
Post #: 1
RE: Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie - 9/17/2004 9:27:56 AM   
emperor

kogos can help...

(in reply to cdx)
Post #: 2
[Deleted] - 9/17/2004 10:16:34 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to emperor)
  Post #: 3
RE: Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie - 9/17/2004 11:26:20 AM   
cdx

Yes, but for which format?

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 9/17/2004 11:32:00 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to cdx)
  Post #: 5
RE: Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie - 9/17/2004 11:50:14 AM   
cdx

Yes, but I need it to be 'clickable' - I want to write on the picture- 'Click here to enter' Or something like that...

(in reply to Deleted User)
Post #: 6
RE: Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie - 9/17/2004 5:54:07 PM   
kogos

quote:

ORIGINAL: cdx

Yes, but I need it to be 'clickable' - I want to write on the picture- 'Click here to enter' Or something like that...

Unfortunately, you cannot add "clickable" areas with any TMPGEnc suite software... I remember that i wanted to do exactly the same thing with some home videos i had, and i used DVD movie factory to do that... But, again, you cannot click on the image... Let me explain...

In order to make clickable slides (photos or anything) you have to set a link between two "jump points" in the ifo file of your DVD... The problem is that no url addresses can be inserted as "jump points". To be more exact, you can only go back and forth in the menus (by creating "links"-"jump points" between menu screens), or you can start movie playback, but you cannot go to a url address... This limitation applies with the DVD-Video standards and cannot be changed. So, what i did was making a small jpg or animated gif file, and i simply wrote "please go to http://www.*****.com for more info" on the image...

I tried to find a way to make it clickable, and i finally found out that there is a way to do this, no matter what DVD-Video standards say (afterall, i've seen it in some hollywood DVDs, like "Matrix"). But in order to do this, you have to buy the software from Interactual company, and for now there no other "free" or hacked software to allow this...

I always believed that there is an alternative way to do this, using IFOEDIT, but i did not managed to do anything... A long time has past since then, and now that you mentioned, it's time for me to search this through again...

I will get back to you about this tomorrow morning... i am sure i will find some way to do this...

(in reply to cdx)
Post #: 7
RE: Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie - 9/17/2004 6:22:50 PM   
kogos

i was very happy after a small web search i did, that apple recently released a software encoder to do this... It's called DVD Studio Pro 3.0, but it runs only on MacOS...
http://www.apple.com/dvdstudiopro/

I also asked a friend of mine that is working as a movie director, and he is doing a lot of "dvd creation" work... He just told me that he managed to do this, but he did not remember how. He will tell me tommorow, when i 'll see him...

still searching ...

< Message edited by kogos -- 9/17/2004 6:54:58 PM >

(in reply to kogos)
Post #: 8
RE: Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie - 9/19/2004 12:23:59 PM   
kogos

i tried hard to find a way to add url links during this weekend... no lauck yet... It seems that there is no way to do that. However, if someone find a way, please post it cause i am getting crazy with this!!!

(in reply to kogos)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Adding outgoing link in the end of the movie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI