CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: InCD closing CD upon eject?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1339 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> RE: InCD closing CD upon eject? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: InCD closing CD upon eject? - 4/13/2003 9:52:29 PM   
KCK

Concerning Hi-Val burners, Ahead's site lists only two fairly old models as supported by Nero: H2242 and H4242, without mentioning InCD support. Further, I couldn't find any traces of Hi-Val burners in the database of InCD 3.52.40. On the other hand, since your Hi-Val burner came with Nero, it should have been supported by the version of InCD that came on the CD with your burner.

So do you remember your initial InCD version number? What is the model of your Hi-Val burner? Did you try to contact Hi-Val tech support to check if your burner was supported by InCD?

At this stage, I can only guess that your Hi-Val burner is a re-badged version of another manufacturer's drive which may or may not be supported by InCD officially.

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 17
RE: InCD closing CD upon eject? - 4/13/2003 10:33:25 PM   
CDR

Drive is Hi-Val Part # H401248EU-15R. It came with Nero Burning Rom v5.5.7.1 and InCD v3.22 I figured that it should be compatible since everything was packaged together. I'm using the lastest Nero/InCD combo right now.

I get great results with that or the latest version of InCD and the Hi-Val so long as I use 4x-10x media. I was doing some research elsewhere and found that Imation at least recommends that I use the highest speed RW media that matches the drive (in this case 12x. They indicated to me that 1x-4x media would probably fail or be unreliable, but that 4x-10x would do well.

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 18
RE: InCD closing CD upon eject? - 4/14/2003 12:51:05 AM   
KCK

Well, the picture at www.hival.com suggests that your Hi-Val H401248EU-15R could be an IDE drive from a different manufacturer packed into an external USB 2.0 enclosure, such as Welland's ME-320U2 (www.welland.com.tw). Since you mentioned Imation, the drive itself could be Imation IMW401248IA, which is indeed listed in InCD's database. So what does Nero InfoTool say about your burner? Precise identification of your burner could be important in the future if you want to look for updated firmware (www.imation.com doesn't seem to offer anything yet).

Anyway, if Imation told you not to use 1x-4x media, apparently they were right!

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 19
RE: InCD closing CD upon eject? - 4/20/2003 3:46:29 AM   
CDR

Hi

I wanted to follow up on this situation.

We ended up abandoning Nero and going with Roxio. We had the need to burn some business card CD-R's and Nero wants no part of them, but Roxio does with no problem. Indeed, packet writing problems vanished completly.

Sad.

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 20
RE: InCD closing CD upon eject? - 4/20/2003 7:04:19 AM   
KCK

Thanks for your feedback!

(in reply to adelphia83)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> RE: InCD closing CD upon eject? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI