CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1029 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible - 11/22/2002 7:26:05 PM   
bcool

quote:
Originally posted by KCK

Are you saying that my '99 notebook Toshiba drive is more capable than your SCSI miracle?

KCK: Are you able to give me the SPECS on the DVD-ROM drive you have on your '99 Toshiba Notebook? According to Toshiba technical support, the SD-M1201 (mine) is not multi-read compliant (as per OSTA standards). I would like to compare specs with you. I never feel quite confident when speaking to technical support because many of them (not all) are just plain ignorant. Anyway, according to them neither of their 2 SCSI models are capable of reading UDF formatted CD-RW disks. If I remember correctly, you said that your Toshiba DVD-ROM (ATAPI) is capable of reading CD-RW's formatted by InCD. Right?

Don't ever let them see you sweat.

(in reply to bcool)
Post #: 17
RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible - 11/22/2002 8:50:33 PM   
KCK

bcool:

Two of my '99 notebooks can read InCD CD-RW, both have Toshiba DVD-ROMs: SD-C2102 and SD-C2202 (not quite sure about the second one, since I don't have it at home now, but the second one was better, like 4x vs 2x for the first one). I have not saved any documentation for the drives, since they never gave me trouble.

Last night I managed to get past the Login screen at www.toshiba.com, but I can't do it now, so I can't check anything. Yet my previous peeks at several documentations never showed MultiRead or multi-read.

(in reply to bcool)
Post #: 18
RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible - 11/25/2002 6:13:06 PM   
bcool

quote:
Originally posted by KCK

bcool:

Two of my '99 notebooks can read InCD CD-RW, both have Toshiba DVD-ROMs: SD-C2102 and SD-C2202

The drama continues. Guess what? I finally located the tech doc on my DVD-ROM SD-M1201 and it states explicitly that it is "Multi-Read Compliant" despite what that guy said on the telephone at Toshiba technical support. So I sent an e-mail directly to technical support asking for clarification.
Meanwhile, I was able to view the tech docs on both of your devices. Neither one mentions Multi-read compliance but obviously they are and this fact is likely indicated in the specification details without using the words "multi-read compliant." I find it somewhat humorous that your devices say nothing explicitly about Multi-Read compliance and my device does. Yet your devices work with CD-RW in UDF format and mine does not. What irony!

(in reply to bcool)
Post #: 19
RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible - 11/25/2002 6:26:36 PM   
KCK

bcool:

Well, now that you know that your DVD-ROM should be Multi-Read Compliant, if Toshiba can't fix it, maybe they'll swap it for a newer drive. So keep pressing them gently... Good luck!

(in reply to bcool)
Post #: 20
RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible - 11/26/2002 2:01:12 PM   
bcool

Thanks for that. I did receive an e-mail yesterday from Toshiba Storage Device Technical Support correcting their first determination. The e-mail stated that my DVD-ROM is Multi-Read capable. While it never received the OSTA MR logo, Toshiba clearly demonstrated that the device is MR compliant.

I'll post again when there is a new development. Thanks for your help!

(in reply to bcool)
Post #: 21
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> RE: CD-RW formated by InCD 3.x not accessible Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI