CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PlexTools 1.15a troubles   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1448 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> PlexTools 1.15a troubles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PlexTools 1.15a troubles - 9/11/2002 1:04:10 AM   
zeno2

Configuration:
-------------
Windows 2000 SP3, PIII933, 512MB RAM, Plextor PX 24/10/40A, firmware 1.04, PlexTools 1.15a, ASPI 4.60.1021, CDRWin 4.0a, CloneCD 4.0.1.6, CDMate 2.2.8.2, FantomCD 1.2.1.1860, DaemonTools 3.17, TEAC CD-R56S600 (SCSI).

Everything working ok.

Troubles:
--------

Installed Arrowkey CDRInspector 1.2.4.81, CDR Diagnostic 1.7.2.305. Both can not see the Plextor CDR Drive!
They see TEAC, DaemonTools and FantomCD, but NO Plextor!

Installed NTI FileCD 2.0.1.0 R5, as I heard it's the least trouble-maker packet-cd /UDF software, compared to Adaptec's DirectCD.
Choosed UDF format and used a 700MB CDRW Verbatim(Mitsubishi Chemical). After aparently successful writing, the CD is unreadable in Windows Explorer. Only FileCD recognize and can read the CD.
Trying to read the CD with both Arrowkey CDRInspector 1.2.4.81, as well as
CDR Diagnostic 1.7.2.305, gives instant BSOD!

Uninstalled FileCD. Trying to erase the CD in CDMate (choosed Ignore Illegal TOC, Unconditional Erase, Complete Mode). The erasing process stops at 99% and complete system freezing.
Inserting the CD in Plextor and opening WindowsExplorer, total system hang and freezing.
Reboot, trying to write to CD with CDMate (normal data backup MODE1-2048, DiscAtOnce), writing-process hangs after 6%.Complete system freezing. Reboot.

Using now FantomCD for erasing (choosed Ignore Illegal TOC, Unconditional Erase, Full Mode Erase), erasing stops at 26%, again complete system freezing, reboot.
Inserting the CD in Plextor and opening WindowsExplorer, again, total system hang and freezing.

Last chance to save the CD, using PlexTools 1.15a. First with Fast Erase. All goes normally and ok message confirms erasing.
First good sign, inserting the CD in Plextor and opening WindowsExplorer, it shows now the Plextor, no longer hanging.

Doing now a Complete Erase with Plextools.All goes normally and ok message confirms erasing. Inserting the CD in Plextor and opening WindowsExplorer, it shows now the Plextor, no longer hanging.

Now trying to write again to Plextor with CDMate, normal data backup MODE1-2048, DiscAtOnce, at alst all go ok and the CD is SAVED, all back to life again, my CDRW is SAVED!

Questions:
---------

Who's responsible?
Why total intolerance between PlexTools and FileCD?
Why total intolerance between PlexTools and CDRInspector & CDR Diagnostic?
Why CDMate and FantomCD, so praised for their Unconditional Erase, failed to save the CDRW?
Why only PlexTools could save it?
Why FileCD produced unreadable CDRWs?

Post #: 1
RE: PlexTools 1.15a troubles - 9/11/2002 2:53:38 AM   
john

I don't think here, the problem is Plextools. FileCD will not probably produce 100% compliant UDF discs, else should be readable.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to zeno2)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> PlexTools 1.15a troubles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI