CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 2145 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/10/2002 4:31:15 AM   
Jaw3000

I've been having a lot of problems with a driver conflict, which I believe is between InCD and Win XP. I installed it (and Nero) last week. I've gotten some CD's burned fine with both InCD and Nero, but I've been having a lot of problem with InCD. They appear to be more of a software (driver) conflict than a hardware problem. I think the hardware is fine. I think it has something to do with a conflict between Win XP and InCD.

I haven't manually completely disabled Win XP's built-in burning software, but I have disabled it for the drive. I haven't installed any drivers for the CD-RW, it's using the built-in Microsoft drivers. The CD-RW drive hardware itself appears to be working fine. My system specs are at the bottom of the email.

Here are some of my problems:

All the time, Windows Explorer (and InCD) won't let me rename files and folders (and name new folders) on CD's formatted with InCD (CD-MRW) It gives me the error message: "Can't rename new folder: The parameter is incorrect." This happens when trying any name, even something as simple and compliant as "f"

Sometimes, Explorer doesn't show the name of the CD-MRW, it just shows "CD Drive." When clicking properties, it also doesn't show the volume label.

Sometimes, after formatting a CD-MRW with InCD, Explorer displays the correct volume label for a second and then goes back to "CD Drive."

There are multiple incidences where I will insert a valid, readable CD but Win Explorer doesn't recognize it. InfoTool does recognize it. When I double click on the drive, it says, "Please insert a disk into drive D" when a disk is inserted. Most of the time, a restart will correct this. But this problem seems to occur after I use InCD (or Nero). For example, I use Nero to copy files to a CD-MRW (formatted with Nero), eject the disk, and insert another disk (for example, the MS Win XP Install CD), and it isn't recognized. After a restart, it works.

For example:
I insert an already formatted with InCD (with files on it) CD-MRW, and InCD and Win Explorer recognize and display it fine. I eject it, and then I turn around and insert it back in and it doesn't get recognized by either InCD or Win Explorer. InfoTool recognizes it. I don't even have to copy anything to it. I hen try the MS Win XP CD-ROM, and it also isn't recognized. After a restart, it usually gets recognized again.

I format a CD-RW with InCD (CD-MRW), then InCD says it is readable like a giant floppy. I go to copy files to it, and I get a blue screen of death with an error message, which flashes so quickly I can't read it. It then immediately restarts. After restart, the CD is still in the drive, and Windows Explorer doesn't recognize it (it's supposed to be formatted) and InCD doesn't recognize it either. After I eject it, and re-insert it, InCD pops up asking if I want to format the "blank" disk. The disk has already been formatted, and it isn't blank! So I try again. The cycle repeats until I try to copy one file at a time (instead of in folders). Some files copy correctly to the CD, and then upon copying another, I get the blue screen of death and error message. Upon restart, InCD says the disk is blank on offers to format it. But it isn't blank, I did get to copy some files to it, and it's already been formatted.

The above problem has just happened with one folder worth of files and one CD-RW so far. The folder and files were copied off another CD-RW (burned to it fine). Others have apparently formatted and copied to fine.

Another thing that's happening is I insert a CD-MRW formatted with InCD, InCD recognizes it, and it (and it's label) displays correctly in Windows Explorer. But I try to eject it by hitting (and holding) the eject key on the drive, and it won't eject. A lot of the time, the eject button on the drive works, so the hardware isn't bad. Some software appears to be holding it, and not letting it eject (Whether it's InCD or Win Explorer). To get it to eject, I have to right-click on the volume in Win Explorer and click eject (sometimes multiple time).

Windows Explorer also isn't updating the names of floppy disks (A drive), using standard MS driver. For example, a floppy was in, eject it, restart with no floppy in, and Win Explorer still shows the name of the volume as the name of the floppy that is no longer inserted.

It seems to me some sort of a driver conflict between Win XP and InCD? What do you are think might be going on? Have any ideas to fix it? [?]

System Specs: P4 2.53, 512MB, Win XP Home, Lite-On 48x12x48 CD-RW, 100GB HD

Thanks!
-Jeff Waddell
Post #: 1
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/10/2002 8:59:59 AM   
Tron

I normally do not use packet writing, but I downloaded and installed InCD into my machine. I also have XP installed on it. So far I am not seeing any troubles, but will see if I can figure something out for you.

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 2
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/10/2002 9:35:53 AM   
Jaw3000

Thanks! I'm sure it's a driver conflict! I'm getting CD's not showing their volume label, CD's not ejecting, etc. Today, I used InCD succesfully, ejected the CD, then got a blue screen of death and a restart. No new software (since installalling InCD/Nero) or hardware, Please help!

Thanks!
-Jeff

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 3
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/10/2002 12:25:51 PM   
Tron

What other CD writer software are installed on your computer?

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 4
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/10/2002 12:26:03 PM   
john

The problems we have seen with InCD and Nero occurs, when you are using Nero and afterwards try to use InCD. If you reboot, InCD will recognize the disc ok. Also try latest InCD version, seems working better under WinXP than previous builds.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 5
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/11/2002 12:00:22 AM   
Jaw3000

quote:
Originally posted by john

The problems we have seen with InCD and Nero occurs, when you are using Nero and afterwards try to use InCD. If you reboot, InCD will recognize the disc ok. Also try latest InCD version, seems working better under WinXP than previous builds.

I don't have any other CD burning software installed (other than Nero/InCD and WinXP). Also, the above problem is happening, but it isn't limited just ot it. The disks arn't being recognized most of the time correctly, whether I've used Nero before or not. The CD's also won't eject by the eject button on the drive, CD's inserted don't show up in Win Explorer or InCD (InfoTool see's it, WMP see's audio CDs). Also, I'm getting frequent blue screens of death and restarts.

BTW, I am using the latest version of InCD and Nero and WinXP SP1.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
-Jeff

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 6
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/11/2002 1:17:23 AM   
MP3Mogul

I have the same experience as Tron, no problems using InCD 3.37 and WinXP SP1, no abnormal functions noticed, and I opened and closed every program that I could think of, including different burning software.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 7
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/11/2002 2:52:05 AM   
john

The tray when using InCD is locked from the software and can only opened from the InCD (tray->choose drive->eject)

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 8
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/16/2002 11:14:13 PM   
CCampbell

From my experience with InCD under XP, the below upgrades of InCD and SP1 for XP seem to resolve most issues.

Regards,

Craig

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

I have the same experience as Tron, no problems using InCD 3.37 and WinXP SP1, no abnormal functions noticed, and I opened and closed every program that I could think of, including different burning software.

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 9
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/21/2002 3:58:59 AM   
zoidman

Reply to Jaw3000 -

[:0]
Just so you don't feel like you are the only one, I to am having problems with renaming files on a InCD formated UDF dvd-rw / cdr-rw.
I started a thread in the "Packet Writting" section so you might want to check it out. Maybe we both can get this problem resolved.

I also have the same issue with the drives eject button not responding. The eject command in the InCD tray Icon works most of the time as does the eject command in the windows explorer.

I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem but I am glad to know that it is not just me.

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 10
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/22/2002 3:13:47 AM   
MP3Mogul

If you feel this is a driver conflict, you can boot your machine minus one driver at a time, then try utilizing InCD, this will tell you the offending driver, if this is the case. Zoidman, give me your email address (just email me a note) and I'll send you an ASPI fix that hopefully will resolve your situation, or you can download it at this link:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6059

There are alot of issues with any ASPI layer above 4.60 with WindowsXP, I'm not sure which version you are running, but this could resolve your InCD issues with WinXP.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 11
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/22/2002 7:37:13 AM   
Tron

Now there is a good Idea MP3Mogul.... Should at least nail down the cause for him..... Or tell him that it is not being caused by driver conflicts....

CDR-INFO

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 12
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 9/23/2002 1:15:32 AM   
MP3Mogul

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 13
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 11/24/2002 10:21:04 PM   
dinerclub

With regard to in CD and cd as a floppy I am having similar problems to those posted ie:recognised once or a few times and then fails.
However O/S is Win 98se

itsallaworry

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 14
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 11/25/2002 3:13:51 AM   
KCK

Install InCD 3.51.61 and search this forum for the latest experiences.

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 15
RE: Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? - 12/14/2002 6:25:03 AM   
REKAF

To Jaw3000:
Had Same problem.I upgraded to XP and had to reinstalled INcd to get it to work 100% right, but when I install SP1 it stoped working again. I just Uninstalled incd, rebooted then Reinstalled it at it worked fine.

(in reply to Jaw3000)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Driver Conflict between InCD & Win XP? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI