CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problem With Nero INCD.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1381 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Problem With Nero INCD. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/1/2002 9:52:44 AM   
chrisjudd

I have a problem using NeroINCD.
The problem is that after copying some folders containing zip file backups each day I get to a point where I can no longer access my cd/rw disc. I get a message telling me that the disc maybe write protected or that the drive is not accessible, a device attached to the system is not functioning. If I remove that disc & insert another disc it works fine. Can someone give me an answer or advice on where to try.
Regards Chris Judd, Sydney, Australia.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/1/2002 3:07:05 PM   
Tron

You might have a bad batch of CDRWs, try diff type. Also, can you reinsert that disc and write to it again? Or does it not work any more?

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/2/2002 12:32:38 PM   
chrisjudd

quote:
Originally posted by Tron

You might have a bad batch of CDRWs, try diff type. Also, can you reinsert that disc and write to it again? Or does it not work any more?

Thank you for your help with my problem, in answer to your question I am using TDK CD-RW80, 700MB Discs. Also if I reinsert the problem disc the drive does not recognise it. I also have another computer using the same software & that drive does not recognise these discs either. The strange thing is that I can write to these discs day after day & then suddenly it is recognised no more.
One other person has suggested that the problem could be caused by using zip files on these discs, that cd-rw do not like to use compressed files.
Regards Chris Judd.

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/2/2002 3:35:35 PM   
Tron

I still would try a diff brand of CDRW. I just had a whole box of Memorex 80 min dics that seem to work ok, then all of a sudden they get an error while writing and then the disc no longer works in the drive. Can not even see what is on the disc. I am not even able to erase them! It was EVERY disc in the box too! I went out and got some other discs with same specs and they work just fine.

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/2/2002 4:40:14 PM   
MP3Mogul

Are you perhaps using windows xp/2000? If so you need to disable the writing function of the operating system, this would do exactally what you said if it was enabled, other than that, I would also suggest what Tron said, try different media.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/6/2002 7:31:53 PM   
dad2115

I am having the same problem, same media. How do you disable the writing function of the operating system? using w2k pro.

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/7/2002 4:51:16 AM   
MP3Mogul

Go to my computer, right click on the drive, select properties, then you will see a recording tab, click that, then uncheck the enable recording on this drive box. This will disable the operating system's recording feature, make sure to reboot after this is done.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/9/2002 2:20:33 PM   
chrisjudd

I AM USING WINDOWS 98, COULD THIS BE MY PROBLEM.
REGARDS CHRIS JUDD.

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 8
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/9/2002 8:47:29 PM   
dad2115

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

Go to my computer, right click on the drive, select properties, then you will see a recording tab, click that, then uncheck the enable recording on this drive box. This will disable the operating system's recording feature, make sure to reboot after this is done.

Back at work, ok i did as stated above and there is no recording tab under properties. I may be lookng in the wrong place, or this info is not for windows 2000 pro. Or maybe im just DUmb. Thanks in advance.

Ps I have installed Instantwrite from vob software, and im having simler problems. Now it tells me the disk is full, and is write protected. Vob help tells me to uncheck the write protect tab, but cannot find it. Thanks again.

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 9
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/10/2002 3:03:31 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by chrisjudd

I AM USING WINDOWS 98, COULD THIS BE MY PROBLEM.
REGARDS CHRIS JUDD.

No I am afraid not you don't have Built in Burning software in Windows 98 !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 10
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/10/2002 3:56:28 PM   
chrisjudd

After using my lates TDK CDRW disc to store about 7 backups I got the following error.- CAUTION UDF Driver error, Please insert a new disc & repeat the operation. On checking the properties tab.
used space 68,665,344 bytes, Free 0 bytes, Capacity 68,665,344 bytes.
After removing & reinserting the disc in the drive I checked the properties tab & got the following result.
Used space 702MB which equals a full disc, but I cannot access any files on this disc. Anyone got any ideas.
Regards Chris Judd.

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 11
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/12/2002 7:39:22 AM   
axbl

Hi,
I have the same problems since I installed the IAA (Intel Application Accelerator). Do you have installed it ?

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 12
RE: Problem With Nero INCD. - 9/12/2002 1:30:13 PM   
chrisjudd

Continuing saga of the cd/rw:-
After inserting a new disc & backing up some files to it,
When trying to drag a file to another folder I got the following error.
ERROR MOVING FILE.
Cannot move file. The disc is write protected.
Remove the write protection or use another disc.
I then removed & reinserted the disc in the drive. I then got the old blue screen error, (Fatal exception error etc. etc.etc.).
Regards Chris Judd.

(in reply to chrisjudd)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Problem With Nero INCD. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI