CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Packet Writing or???   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1657 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Packet Writing or??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Packet Writing or??? - 6/3/2002 8:55:30 PM   
MzMunchken

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject as I've never heard of it (packet writing) before today. I was helping a friend with her new computer that is loaded with XP Home and a Samsung CD-R/RW. Her digital camera is a Sony Mavica CD-1000. The recording media is a mini CDs. These CDs can usually be read in any CDs once they've been finalized and in a CD-R/RW if they have been initialized.

USUALLY, is the key word here. The CD rom does not recognize the CD at all. Phone calls to HP and Samsung were totally useless. Explored Windows XP website for anything that might help and that didn't turn up anything. A phone call to Sony gave me some headway, but I'm still confused.

The "tech" at Sony told me that the computer was unable to read it because XP does not recognize the format the disc was in and that she had to purchase a "packet writing software" to fix the problem. What will a packet writing software do exactly?

Additionally, I got home tonight and got on my husband's computer which is loaded with XP Professional and loaded the same disc that was NOT recognized in her computer and it did read it. ???????

Desperate for an answer as to which way to go.

TIA
Trish/MzMunchken
Post #: 1
RE: Packet Writing or??? - 6/3/2002 9:21:43 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi MzMunchken
What will a packet writing software do exactly?
It will allow you to read and write data on a CDR re-writeable CD.
The best thing to do first is to go to
http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm
and download the Free InCD UDF Reader and install it and try and read the disk then if it dosn't read it uninstall it and go to
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/ecdc/ecdc_software_updatesv4.html#PCUDF
and download the UDF Reader and install it and try and read the disk then if it dosn't read it get intouch with Sony again and ask them which Packet Writing program the recommend and let me know and then we will find a program to read it.
Ihope this helps
Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to MzMunchken)
Post #: 2
RE: Packet Writing or??? - 6/4/2002 2:07:02 PM   
MzMunchken

Thank you for the response. I've forwarded to my friend and have her working on it and I will post the results. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Trish/MzMunchken

(in reply to MzMunchken)
Post #: 3
RE: Packet Writing or??? - 6/4/2002 4:13:20 PM   
Laffin Assassin

OK lets hope it will sort your problem out!
Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to MzMunchken)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Packet Writing or??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI