CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Tough luck with DirectCD 5   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1339 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Tough luck with DirectCD 5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tough luck with DirectCD 5 - 4/22/2002 10:47:13 PM   
ahchow

I tried to format a old (previously used, non-empty, non-Diretcd formatted) 8cm CDRW disc. My drive's LED will show red when it's writting to and yellow when it's reading from a CD. With the indication from the LED, I noticed that the write (format?) process was over in a short while (about 20 mins), and it started to say "Verifying CD...." and my drive's LED started to blink slowly. It stayed this way for 4 hrs ++. During this period, I can be sure that my PC did not hang, as I was able to perform other tasks normally.

When I patience ran out, I had to manuallby end task and reboot to take the disc out. After I rebooted, the disc is no longer recognized...:(

Can anyone tell me if the CD is still "salvageable", and how?

I was doing this in win98, 1st ed. with a liteon 8432 [LTR-0841) drive.

Please help...
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Tough luck with DirectCD 5 - 4/23/2002 2:31:50 AM   
anotherpasswordtoremember

what I can tell you from my own experience: I also had numerous RW's which I thought I had irreversibly screwed up with my old CDwriter (about 4x2x10), resulting in the symptoms you describe, but now that I have a faster writer I can easily erase and re-use them. Many EndTrack, WriteState errors (common problems with Nero) also have to do with insufficient harddisk space.

(in reply to ahchow)
Post #: 2
RE: Tough luck with DirectCD 5 - 4/23/2002 9:53:03 AM   
ahchow

When u had those probs with yur RWs that u thought were "gone"... can yur writer recognize yur discs?

No offense, but juz in case u didnt know, u CANNOT use a disc if the lowest certified speed for the disc is higher than yur drive's rewrite speed... meaning that if u have a 8-4-32 burner, u can't use a non-multispeed 10x RW..

Mine was a 1 to 4x RW...

(in reply to ahchow)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Tough luck with DirectCD 5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI