CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

problems with INCD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1671 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> problems with INCD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problems with INCD - 4/19/2002 9:09:56 AM   
pighigli

I tried to format a CD-RW with INCD 3.24.3. At very beginning of Locical formatting (Physical Formatting seems to work fine), it stops, ejects the CD and a pop-up appeares on the screen, saying: Illegal Request----Error Code--005a 0005 0024 0000----Please restart and insert a new RW disk.
I've used a Goldstar 8160B drive, and the CD has been successfully erased in advance with Nero 5.5.5.1. Operating system is Windows 98. Please note the problem occurs whatever erasure speed I used (4x thru Maximum speed).

Post #: 1
RE: problems with INCD - 4/19/2002 9:49:28 AM   
Mustafa

See my preceding post.
This is the same error I get if I try to use a 4X CDRW, but which does not happen with faster rated media. inCD does not have a speed setting, though there is a graphic of the setting screen in the doc. (The NERO erasure speed isn't really material here.)

Is this (no option to set burn speed in inCD)the same on your installation? Have you tried faster media?

It appears to me that inCD tries to write faster than the 4X media allows and cannot be set to a different rate.

(in reply to pighigli)
Post #: 2
RE: problems with INCD - 4/24/2002 8:18:19 PM   
CCampbell

Please try the below trouble shooting steps.

Regards,

Craig

Trouble Shooting Steps:

1) Use Nero to do a Full Erase on the CDRW media.

2) Upgrade to latest release of InCD from the Nero web site at www.nero.com/en/download.htm

3) Install InCD in the following fashion:

a) First uninstall InCD from your system, if you have not already, through the Control Panels
Add/Remove Programs Featrue.

b) Then use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show
up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER

c) Now install the latest version of InCD you just downloaded from our web site, and then reboot
and see if your issue is resolved.

If not:

4) Before formatting the CDRW media, use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER

5) In some cases, disabeling the DMA for the recorder will resolve the issue.To disable DMA, go to your
Control Panel>System>Device Manager>CDROM, and right click on the Recorder and CDROM/DVDROM drive on your system and in Properties>Settings disable the DMA feature, and the Auto Insert Notification feature.

6) If the customer has a FireWire Device, and has Windows 98 or 98SE Operating System
Then you must upgrade the 1394 Storage Supplement from Microsoft. Go to...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wufeatured/1394/license.asp

Or just go to Microsofts web site and search for Windows 98 1394 Storage Supplement.

7) In many cases, the problem is old drivers for your IDE controller loading. You must upgrade these drivers.
For Example, if you have the VIA chipset, you would go to www.viahardware.com for the latest 4in1 drivers.
If you have an Intel IDE Chipset, you would go to www.intel.com for their latest drivers.

Edited by - ccampbell on 04/24/2002 20:20:11

(in reply to pighigli)
Post #: 3
RE: problems with INCD - 5/21/2002 8:58:56 AM   
pighigli

I've tried to apply your suggestions, but the result is always the same: INCD ERRORS OFF AS SOON AS IT TRIES TO PERFORM LOGICAL FORMATTING!!!!!

Please note: > Nero is at 5.5.5.1 version
> InCD is at 3.28 version
> DirectCD has been disinstalled (by removing the registry entries too!) BEFORE installing InCD
> The DMA is disabled
> When I try to install the 1394 Storage supplement, installation aborts sayin it's running on a wrong Window's version

(in reply to pighigli)
Post #: 4
RE: problems with INCD - 5/30/2002 6:45:40 PM   
CCampbell

Are you using CDRW media that was formatted by DirectCD 3.x at one time? I've seen issues with such media.

Have you tried a new blank CD-RW media?

To see if we have any driver conflicts, can you take InCD and your recorder to another system to install and test with?

Regards,

Craig

quote:

I've tried to apply your suggestions, but the result is always the same: INCD ERRORS OFF AS SOON AS IT TRIES TO PERFORM LOGICAL FORMATTING!!!!!

Please note: > Nero is at 5.5.5.1 version
> InCD is at 3.28 version
> DirectCD has been disinstalled (by removing the registry entries too!) BEFORE installing InCD
> The DMA is disabled
> When I try to install the 1394 Storage supplement, installation aborts sayin it's running on a wrong Window's version

(in reply to pighigli)
Post #: 5
RE: problems with INCD - 6/7/2002 6:57:36 PM   
Harlin

Me too has problem*s* with InCD, like data corruption, etc.
DirectCD is just fine, but I need the Mt Rainier data format.

And to my surprise, when I upgrade Teac W524E firmware to 1.0D and installing newest InCD 3.2.9.1 (with uninstalling DirectCD first) then formatting a blank disc with Mt Rainier format, it's okay (so far so good). I mean, no data corruption, etc anymore.

I suggest you to upgrade to 3.2.9.1 and see if it fix your problem.
But I'd like to try some more, to see if InCD can be reliable.
I store all of my important data on CDRW, so I need more carefully switching to InCD.

(in reply to pighigli)
Post #: 6
RE: problems with INCD - 7/1/2002 9:38:19 AM   
kakoehler

I had the same problem. I am using InCD 3.31 and when using a 2x CDRW it formats at 4x and it doesn't work. I get that same error code. When I use good quality 4x CDRW, not bulk spindle ones, everything works fine. I am using Fujifilm 4x CDRW and I didn't have to remove Roxio EZ CD DirectCD either, I just don't have it running.
Hope this helps.

(in reply to pighigli)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> problems with INCD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI