CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

What went wrong, please help !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1265 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> What went wrong, please help ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What went wrong, please help ! - 4/9/2002 1:28:57 AM   
gomcse

Hi there,

Just upgrade my CD burner from Aopen 12X CDRW to Yahama 24X Cd burner this afternoon. I hook it up to my Windows XP PC and upgrade its firmware from 1.0b to 1.0d. Then install Nero 5.5.8.0 Finally install the latest version of Nero InCD 3.24.3

After reboot my PC, I insert the Yamaha CDRW into my burner and click on format on my InCD. However, I got the following error code during the formatting process

[0055-0000-0000-0000]

I don't really what went wrong.

(1) If I want to fully utilize the feature of CD-MRW under Windows XP environment, do I have to install Nero InCD 3.24.3 ?

(2) If I don't need to install any additional packet writing software, do I still have to format my Yamaha CDRW?

Please advise.

Post #: 1
RE: What went wrong, please help ! - 4/9/2002 6:05:17 AM   
john

Yes you must installed InCD v3.24.3 in order to have CD-MRW. Try full ERASE before format with InCD

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to gomcse)
Post #: 2
RE: What went wrong, please help ! - 4/9/2002 1:23:53 PM   
gomcse

Hi John,

Thanks for your suggestion. So I do a full erase of the Yamaha CDRW with Nero and use InCD 3.24.3 and try to do the format, no luck so far. Then I try to use the AOpen CDRW, I still get the same error.

So should I stick around with a burner that cannnot give the joy of using Mount Rainer new standard or just RMA it ?

Please advise.

(in reply to gomcse)
Post #: 3
RE: What went wrong, please help ! - 4/9/2002 11:44:22 PM   
gomcse

Mystery resolved:

According to the article at CD-RW Central -Yamaha release new 1.0d firmware for CRW3200 Series, it states that the CD-MRW supported version of InCD cannot be installed on Windows NT4.0, 2000 Professional and XP.

That's why I am keep that all that error message. Luckily I did not RMA or return my burner to the Dealer yet.

Lucky me !

(in reply to gomcse)
Post #: 4
RE: What went wrong, please help ! - 4/24/2002 8:33:03 PM   
CCampbell

Yes, MRW still is only supported by InCD under Win98.

We hope to change that ASAP.

Regards,

Craig

quote:

Mystery resolved:

According to the article at CD-RW Central -Yamaha release new 1.0d firmware for CRW3200 Series, it states that the CD-MRW supported version of InCD cannot be installed on Windows NT4.0, 2000 Professional and XP.

That's why I am keep that all that error message. Luckily I did not RMA or return my burner to the Dealer yet.

Lucky me !

(in reply to gomcse)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> What went wrong, please help ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI