CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Incd and Iomega Zipcd 3840INT-A   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 613 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Incd and Iomega Zipcd 3840INT-A Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Incd and Iomega Zipcd 3840INT-A - 4/4/2002 8:54:12 PM   
lrtrees

Can anyone help me out as to if you have used this CD-RW with the newest version of InCD with any luck. Nero's web site lists the 3840int as being compatable but my model adds the -A. The rom burning portion of Nero does see the drive and it works, but the InCD does not seem to see it. The taskbar icon is yellow with a ! mark and a red arrow pointing out telling me it does not see the drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Incd and Iomega Zipcd 3840INT-A - 4/5/2002 4:12:27 PM   
CCampbell

If you have our latest InCD 3.24.3 installed, and you get the Yellow ! mark, then it's not be detected as a recordable device by InCD.

We will need to add this drive's ID string to our next InCD upgrade.

Please use Nero, and go to Nero's RECORDER>CHOOSE RECORDER to get the accurate ID String for your model drive, and please send to me at techsupport4@nero.com, so I can forward on to our Engineers in Germany, and hopefully have enough time to include support in our next release of InCD.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to lrtrees)
Post #: 2
RE: Incd and Iomega Zipcd 3840INT-A - 4/5/2002 4:15:36 PM   
lrtrees

Thanks for the reply. I am at work now, but I will get that info sent off to you in the next day or two.

(in reply to lrtrees)
Post #: 3
RE: Incd and Iomega Zipcd 3840INT-A - 4/6/2002 8:24:52 AM   
Matthew

This might be of interest
http://www.roundsparrow.com/Comp/Iomega1/

Read VERY VERY carefully, and use at your own risk!

The other possibility, they've "done the dirty" and are shipping an alternative mechanism with the same id - the CD-R software engineers REALLY hate that, as it makes things VERY awkward ... bad enough if they just con the customer by swapping to a lesser mechanism... even if it id's differently.

Look at their pictures of other drives and compare - the presence of a "TLA nnnn" code seems to be pretty conclusive ... Plextors HAVE TLA codes, others don't!

Edited by - Matthew on 04/06/2002 08:31:21

(in reply to lrtrees)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Incd and Iomega Zipcd 3840INT-A Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI