CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

InCD problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1058 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
InCD problems - 4/1/2002 1:44:12 PM   
Gooberslot

Whenever I try to burn using Nero, Incd takes over all the extra cpu time and won't let it go until I shutdown Nero. DirectCD though works fine with Nero. I don't see how people can say Nero is so wonderful when its components won't even work together but its competetors will. I've emailed ahead about this I just hope they respond. The only reason I bought this drive is so I could have a legal copy of Nero.

Could it be leftovers from a previous burner software installation? I've had DCD 3 on here before.

Post #: 1
RE: InCD problems - 4/1/2002 7:07:39 PM   
CCampbell

What operating system are you working under?

And do you have the latest Nero 5.5.8.0 and InCD 3.24.3 installed?

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 2
RE: InCD problems - 4/2/2002 1:57:46 PM   
Gooberslot

I'm using Win98(original) and I've tried Nero 5.5.7.8 and 5.5.8.0 and InCD 3.24.3. I even tried an older version of InCD but it wouldn't recognize my drive. I forgot to mention that Incd wouldn't even let me uninstall until I did a ctrl-alt-del and killed it. It gave me an error about it accessing the drive or something even though it wasn't.

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 3
RE: InCD problems - 4/3/2002 6:20:25 AM   
Matthew

If you HAVE DirectCD and it works alongside Nero, why not use it?

Unlike InCD, DirectCD supports "variable packet" on CD-R media, usually reckoned to be a more robust method on more robust media.

InCD (unless changed in last few updates) only supports "fixed packet" on CD-RW media.

The recent plusses for InCD though:
Write verify,
Initial support for "Mount Rainier" (CD-MRW) format, but current drives supporting it are very few - until either drive updates, or software emulation become available, CD-MRW is a bit of a backwater!

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 4
RE: InCD problems - 4/4/2002 5:51:46 AM   
phop007

I recommend Directcd over Incd

Creative 1210E (LS3J)
Loveless

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 5
RE: InCD problems - 4/5/2002 4:01:15 PM   
CCampbell

Can you provide a list of drivers you have loaded in C:\Windows\System\IoSubsys directory?

Do you have the latest drivers for your IDE controller? What controller chip do you have? Intel, VIA, SIS,etc?

Have you used the CTRL-ALT-DEl key, and close all programs running in the background, except for Systray and Explorer, and then try and format the CDRW media? Does it still take up so much CPU in this fashion?

Regards,

Craig
quote:

I'm using Win98(original) and I've tried Nero 5.5.7.8 and 5.5.8.0 and InCD 3.24.3. I even tried an older version of InCD but it wouldn't recognize my drive. I forgot to mention that Incd wouldn't even let me uninstall until I did a ctrl-alt-del and killed it. It gave me an error about it accessing the drive or something even though it wasn't.

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 6
RE: InCD problems - 4/7/2002 3:59:51 PM   
Gooberslot

quote:
Can you provide a list of drivers you have loaded in C:\Windows\System\IoSubsys directory?

I've already sent a list to Nero perhaps you could dig it up. If not I could sent you a list in email.

quote:
Do you have the latest drivers for your IDE controller? What controller chip do you have? Intel, VIA, SIS,etc?

I'm using the standard Windows drivers and I have the most stable chipset ever produced, the almighty BX.

quote:
Have you used the CTRL-ALT-DEl key, and close all programs running in the background, except for Systray and Explorer, and then try and format the CDRW media? Does it still take up so much CPU in this fashion?

The problem isn't with formatting cdrw media. The problem is with burning any disc with Nero. If you want I could reinstall InCd and send you a log of what's running and how much cpu time everything is taking when it happens.

(in reply to Gooberslot)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI