CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Securom   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 944 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Securom Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Securom - 9/15/2001 4:35:06 PM   
Sexbomb

I just tried to backup with CloneCD a 1:1 backup copy of Diablo 2: Lord of destruction (protected by Securom-"new") with a new burner I bought today (LG GCE- 8160b 16x10x40) but didn't get a 1:1 copy, (the CD reads fine on explorer but asks for the CD when tried to play the game).

I did it with CloneCD 3.0.8.2 and checked only Read Subchannel from data track and read subchannel from audio track, and writing in RAW-DAO mode. I thought this burner could read sub-channel info from both data and audio tracks (the LG x12 model is listed on the clonecd list as such). My question is, is it possible to obtain a 1:1 backup of a backup cd protected by Securom protection? (i thought it was, but I'm not sure anymore). How can I discover if this burner can read/write subchannel info, is there any software that can test this features?
Any chance it will work if I use raw sao+sub writing mode if raw DAO didn't work? Help!

(i have both clonecd and nero but i don't see any info screen that reports this)

P.S:

-I own the game, but don't have it here at this time, only the backup, so I cannot try to backup the original CD for some time.

-The backup copy that works was made with other burner (HP 9150) and works flawlessly in any CD-ROM, thats why I used it as source to this copy.

-I dont have any other way of making the image, my Pioneer DVD 103s x6 does not read subchannel info for sure (i heard something about a firmware that allows this but don't think it is true, is it?).

Post #: 1
RE: Securom - 9/23/2001 6:25:29 PM   
vango44

Some of the Securom new games are able to detect a CDR disk if you play it in a CDRW drive. Try un-installing and re-installing with the copy on a CD/DVDROM drive. Play from this drive also.

(in reply to Sexbomb)
Post #: 2
RE: Securom - 9/24/2001 4:44:21 AM   
Bandit

Hi, Sexbomb,

(funny nick, btw)

You can still use your copy, if you modify the .exe file that starts the game.

Go to www.gamecopyworld.com, or follow this direct link: http://www.scriptforums.com/gcw/games/pc_diablo2.shtml

and DL what you need of patches & updates, and you'll be home free, even with a far-from-perfect backup of your game.

Have fun!

Rgds,

Bandit

--^LordVader^--
The Bandit

(in reply to Sexbomb)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Securom Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages