CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1619 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? - 2/21/2002 9:44:10 AM   
pauliewallnuts

I am trying to transfer an NTSC S-VCD onto PAL VHS and getting a black and white rolling picture. My DVD player is a Pioneer DV444 and is region free (not that it should matter with a S-VCD) and the picture plays on the TV screen perfectly but it won't record onto tape (for the benefit of my mates). I have a macrovision buster and also an NTSC to Pal converter but this hasn't helped at all. Is there a program I can use on my PC that would allow me to transfer from NTSC S-VCD to Pal S-VCD so I could re-write the disc to play a pal output signal? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Post #: 1
RE: NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? - 2/21/2002 12:54:59 PM   
thunderburn

when you create an svcd the macrovision has to be deleted before the coversion not after. i use dvd2svcd and within that program i use (vstrip) to remove the macrovision you can download this program at http://212.88.77.140/ its a sweet program and you can use joint stereo encoding for sound and vbr encoding for the mpeg2 video, you can easily put an hour and a half movie on 1 80 min cdr, and when you try to copy this to vhs the macrovision has dissapeared. i recomend going to this site and reading the info intensly. alot of cool things you can do and alot of ways to compress massive info on 1 cd, happy burning

(in reply to pauliewallnuts)
Post #: 2
RE: NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? - 2/21/2002 3:25:47 PM   
pauliewallnuts

Thank you my friend. I'll take a good look at the site now. Info much appreciated....

Post #: 3
RE: NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? - 2/21/2002 4:40:00 PM   
pauliewallnuts

I tried that my friend and it's for ripping from dvd's. My disc is already in S-VCD format and I need to change it from NTSC S-VCD to Pal S-VCD. Any ideas?

Post #: 4
RE: NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? - 2/23/2002 4:26:16 AM   
Tron

The SVCD you have was made without removing the Macrovision. In other words whoever made that SVCD made it so that it is protected with Macrovision and can not be copied to a VHS machine. You need to take the SVCD you have there, and remove the macrovision protection from it and reburn the SVCD and that copy will be able to put onto tape.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

how many posts does a guy have to get before they are no longer "Junior Member"?

Edited by - Tron on 02/23/2002 04:27:24

Post #: 5
RE: NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? - 2/24/2002 7:17:30 AM   
pauliewallnuts

Thanks my friend. Are there tools or programs out there to read a S-VCD and remove the macrovision protection? I have tried programs like TMPGEnc but they are unable to read the cd. Any advice greatly appreciated...

Post #: 6
RE: NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? - 5/6/2002 9:13:07 AM   
pmcx9

got a tv-out card?

use tvtool and disable macrovision

send picture from pc to video.

piece a cake

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> NTSC SVCD - Pal VHS? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI