CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

InCd   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 632 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
InCd - 2/11/2002 5:37:00 AM   
lionelow

Hi,

I changed my driver to STANDARD DUAL CONTROLLER but my InCD is still not working.Why??????????????

Post #: 1
RE: InCd - 2/11/2002 6:25:20 AM   
Tron

What version of InCD are you using? The newest one is version 3.20.0 and was written to work on all the operating systems including XP.

Visit www.cdrtimes.net too. Another great place....

(in reply to lionelow)
Post #: 2
RE: InCd - 2/11/2002 8:08:11 AM   
lionelow

I'm using 3.21 but I can't drag and drop.

(in reply to lionelow)
Post #: 3
RE: InCd - 2/12/2002 8:22:21 PM   
CCampbell

No Error messages during the format?

What does the disc report as when you check it's properties?

Trouble Shooting Steps:

1) Use Nero to do a Full Erase on the CDRW media.

2) Upgrade to InCD 2.3.2 or later, and use this to format the CDRW

3) If you have trouble with installing InCD, or its acting strange after you install. try installing in the following fashion:

a) First uninstall InCD from your system, if you have not already, through the Control Panels Add/Remove Programs Featrue.

b) Then use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER

c) Now install InCD 2.3.2 or later, and then reboot and see if your issue is resolved.

If not:

4) Before formatting the CDRW media, use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER

5) In some cases, disabeling the DMA for the recorder will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to lionelow)
Post #: 4
RE: InCd - 3/3/2002 11:05:21 AM   
MikeG

I just recently bought and installed a Liteon LTR 32123S that came with Nero and InCD.

The drive installed fine, without a hitch, the software installed fine. I think it was Nero 5.5.5.6.

I inserted the "Liteon high speed CD-RW (16X)" that came with the drive and InCD popped up, offered to format it for UDF, I said okay, and everything worked as advertised. I put files on there, no problem. Take the disk over to my other machine and had no problem reading and copying the files.

I then went to Wal-Mart and found that they only had Memorex 4X CD-RW. I bought a 5-pack and tried one the next day at the office. The format progress bar got to about 50% and then it exited and the other formatting program started, which errored out. I repeated this three times with the same result. When checking the disk on another machine I found that the disk had been formatted as an 807mb disk instead of a 700mb disk!

I went to Ahead's site and downloaded 5.5.7.2 and the InCd 3.2.1 update. I installed those and although I got a "new" error (Illegal Request), the result was the same no useable disks.

I went to Office Depot yesterday and specifically asked for high-speed CD-RW and was handed a 5-pack box of Memorex 4x-12x CD-RW. I tried those and they don't work either. That's all they had.

My original Liteon disk still works great. Of course I have no idea who the original manufacturer of this OEM disk was, and I'm pretty sure Liteon doesn't make media, so I have no clue as to what I should buy to make this drive work consistantly.

So why can't InCD properly format Memorex 4x-12 high speed disks? Is it the drive not recognising the media or is InCD incorrectly identifying the media and not formatting it properly? I have no problem with copying disks (CDRs) or doing anything else using Nero. InCD just will not format anything slower than the 16x disk that came with the drive.

Mike G

(in reply to lionelow)
Post #: 5
RE: InCd - 3/3/2002 10:06:45 PM   
burner1000000

Are you sure that your CDRW said 16x? I bought a Lite-on 40x burner and it came with a Lite-on (4x-12x) CDRW. I haven't checked to see who made it, yet.

I don't know where you live, but I might try some different CDRWs from Staples, CompUSA, Frys, Best Buy, etc. CDRW drives just don't like certain media. It's just a fact of life. Usually the kind that the drive comes with always work well.

I just checked the CDRW that came with my Lite-on. It's CMC. Bad luck. I don't know of any CDRW made in America that uses CMC. I would try Verbatim, TDK, Yamaha, etc. - big names and see if they will work for you. Good luck!

(in reply to lionelow)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI