CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1063 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B - 2/6/2002 1:46:58 AM   
tarfu

I purchased a cendyne packaged cdrw. drive is identified on its sticker, and in BIOS/Windows as a verbatim 241040AL with firmware 58SA. I peeled off the sticker on the drive and (no surprise), it's really a liteon LTR-24102B.

So I want to upgrade the firmware to make the drive show up as a liteon in windows, and possibly take advantage of newer features/upgrades that come w/the new firmware. but the liteon firmware won't upgrade the drive as it doesn't recognize it as a liteon. I've tried placing a jumper in all the positions that i can on the back of the drive next to the digital audio (on the left side), but nothing works. the drive is still recognized as a verbatim. i've even tried booting into dos and running pflash and trying to load an older liteon .bin file, but no go.

Anyway, any suggestions/links/files anyone has would be greatly appreciated by more people than just me, i'm sure.

-tarfu

Post #: 1
RE: verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B - 2/22/2002 8:51:19 PM   
ogewo

I have this exact same problem.

Anybody figured this out yet? Maybe someone can make a string editor like someone did for the iomega to plextor switch.

Thanks guys,
gew

(in reply to tarfu)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI