CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

MOHAA Success??? place comments in here   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 644 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> MOHAA Success??? place comments in here Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/26/2002 12:23:31 PM   
wakemonkeypimp

safedisc2 has a new version out that is on the highly anticipated Medal of Honor Allied Assault...seems to be version 2.51.021...it seems that the games cannot be copied with the "Correct EFM" burners nor with the "AWS" in clone and "Enhance Weak Sectors" in Blindwrite....some say to have success with some lite-on burners and plex models but as far as i know it's all speculation...
I myself have a plex 8/4/32 model and tried copying the game with the latest blindwrite and i did not have any success. However, there is a new re-worked betablocker out that fixes the problem but i have not tried it yet, but will after this post...
So if anyone has had success with this latest problem feel free to jot some hints down; as in reply to this post and soon this "speed bump" will turn into even pavement.

Post #: 1
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/27/2002 5:20:56 PM   
wakemonkeypimp

i have made a successful copy of Medal of Honor Allied Assault (both cds) on my 8/4/32A plextor...i used the latest betablocker (english version) and clonecd...the settings i used for reading and writing goes as follows:

****READING****
read speed at 4x
read subchannel data from data tracks "checked"
read subchannel data from data tracks "checked"
fast error skip "checked"
read retries "0"
error correction "none"

****WRITING****
write speed at 4x
write mode at RAW DAO
always close last session "checked"

i know some may disagree with me with the subchannel part since SD2 doesnt use that type of method, but just to be on the safe side since you never know what those crazy bastards might be concoucting at macrovizion...anyway i hope this helps others to this new dilema..

(in reply to wakemonkeypimp)
Post #: 2
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/29/2002 12:34:55 PM   
wakemonkeypimp

i have found something out that might be interesting.....since i copied MOHAA and installed it (the copied version that is) on my 56x cd-rom correctly using the latest betablocker i have noticed that when i try to run the game off of the second copied disc i get and error; however, when i use the first disc then MOHAA starts up....here is my point!!!

since i own the original i tried to start MOHAA off of the second and first cd and both work...now i was wondering wether there is a different set of weak sectors on both cds and that betablocker only could fix the set on the first cd and not the second cd...maybe macrovizion has came up with a new system; sort of like a key generator that every game might have a different set of weak sectors..like when black and white: creature isle comes out the weak sectors will be an off set to the ones that betablocker is looking for...but anyway i might have copied the second disc wrong...if anyone can try this out and correct me if iam wrong; would be much appreciated!!! peace and good luck burning

Post #: 3
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/29/2002 7:37:03 PM   
per_son

I have also successfully copied this game on a plextor 24/10/40A drive. I used the same config as wakemonkeypimp but read at 1x. May also work at 4x haven't tried it yet.

Post #: 4
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/29/2002 8:01:29 PM   
netman

i read the cds using a liteon ltd-163 dvdrom at max speed with fes set to 0 retries and hardware correction. i burned it using a liteon 24102b at max speed with only 'always close last session' checked. perfect copy. that is to be expected from the reports to date.

i then copied the same image files across my network to my son's computer that has a ltd-163 and a philips 804k burner. i burned it at max speed with only 'always close last session' checked. the copy installed and runs using his dvdrom perfectly also. imagine that.

the liteons all have the latest firmware and the philips has version 2.2, which i don't think is the latest. the burns were made with clone 3.3.4.1 and no aws or hide cdr media was used.

so maybe it has more to do with the reader than the writer. tomorrow i'll try my mitsumi 4805 using aws.

Post #: 5
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/30/2002 6:44:27 AM   
darnit

I just copied mohaa using clone, lite-on 24x as reader, read sub channel data and audio.
read at max speed,fast error skip set to hardware.
Write at 24x on Imation 16x media, dont repair sub channel, close session.
These settings were also used for ghost recon.
100% SUCCESS WITHOUT MODIFICATION TO COPY all i do is read it in the DVD 106s and the game plays. No asking
for original cd , no errors. Dont know what all the fuss is about:):)

Post #: 6
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/30/2002 4:52:38 PM   
netman

i tried to burn medal of honor: allied assault using clone 3.3.4.1 reading with the mitsumi at 4x with fast error skip set to 0 retries and hardware correction. i burned at 8x with 'amplify weak sectors' and 'always close last session' selected. i made two attempts and neither was successful. i guess we'll hope for a new clone update to fix this. this is the first of about a dozen sd2 titles i've tried with this drive and aws that failed.

Post #: 7
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/31/2002 5:55:00 PM   
ricerocket

Made copy of both disks last night with a new Lite-On 32x and a Lite-On 163d DVD. Used latest version of CloneCd with only fast error skip checked. So far disks seem to work same as originals.

Post #: 8
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 1/31/2002 7:38:14 PM   
netman

this time the test was with clone 3.3.4.1 once again and a plextor 1210a. read using the plex at 4x with fes set to 0 retries and software correction. burned with aws at max speed. perfect copies.

Post #: 9
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 2/7/2002 5:09:04 PM   
d8ed

been trying all day to get an AOPEN crw2440 drive to burn the MOHAA cd to no avail.. tried betablocker(latest) and latest CloneCD with 5 or so different settings combinations. does the writing/reading speed affect the success of this operation much?

-g

Post #: 10
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 2/10/2002 1:39:55 AM   
gatty

No problems backing up MOHAA on a Plextor PX-W2410A
(firmware 1.02) using CloneCD 3.3.4.1

Read settings: Read subchannel - data and audio
Fast Error Skip
Intelligent Bad sector scanner
max speed (40X)
Write settings: Amplify weak sectors
Close last session
max speed (24X)
(not sure these are optimal, just my defaults for
SD2 and they worked for MOHAA)
Plays fine using disk one in the Plexy drive
(as long as I have "Hide CDR Media" enabled)
also works in my Samsung SD-612 DVD deck
Haven't tried this copy in any other drives yet.

Post #: 11
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 2/13/2002 9:14:47 AM   
megod

Settings For Yamaha CRW3200E VK & LTR 24102B Both Worked Fine.
READ
I 11:32:25 PM Read Speed: 4x
I 11:32:25 PM Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: No
I 11:32:25 PM Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: No
I 11:32:25 PM Fast Error Skip: Yes
I 11:32:25 PM Don't report read errors: Yes
I 11:32:25 PM Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: No

WRITE
I 1:23:28 AM Write Speed: 16x
I 1:23:28 AM Don't repair SubChannel Data: Yes
I 1:23:28 AM Amplify weak sectors: Yes
I 1:23:28 AM Write Simulation: No
I 1:23:28 AM Buffer Underrun Protection: Yes
I 1:23:28 AM Starting optimum power calibration...

((((Just Discovered that it will only Play in the Yamaha)))

Cheers
megod

Edited by - megod on 02/13/2002 09:27:05

Edited by - megod on 04/15/2002 00:33:12

Post #: 12
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 4/11/2002 7:44:06 AM   
Questionbird

I was able to do ti with CDmate. I used the Safedisc2 options. I used my liteon- 24102b, 5min read to image (each) then 3min (ech) to burn. works like a charm.

Post #: 13
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 4/12/2002 7:07:40 PM   
I26

I backed up MOHAA with my Liteon 40x with no problems. CloneCD with fast error skip selected and thats it. It works in any disc drive. Heck....it took 7 minutes or less to read it and write it.

As Always I Am, I26

Post #: 14
RE: MOHAA Success??? place comments in here - 4/13/2002 8:26:22 AM   
R00KIE

i know that MOHAA is difficult to copy but you haven't tried to play the backup in a toshiba drive have you? i'm sure that if the game run there it runs in all other drives

R00KIE

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> MOHAA Success??? place comments in here Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI