CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Copying Games!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 615 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Copying Games! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Copying Games! - 1/26/2002 8:59:33 AM   
Warb

Please help me its doin my head in!
I have a Liteon 16x10x40,i have downloaded mp3's and have copied to cd-r no problem.
I'm having problems copying games though, I'm using clonecd but when i try to copy say robotwars it just wont start to copy,in the log it says error reading etc.The same problem exists when i try to copy the undying. I tried to copy cmr2,and this did copy but would not work on my pc? The same happened with GTA 2.
Also my friend made me a copy of combat mission(which incidently works fine on his pc)and i have the same problem trying to play this.
The screen freezes and it just wont work.

Post #: 1
RE: Copying Games! - 1/26/2002 11:16:36 AM   
john

LiteOn 16x cannot backup many game titles since doesn't support SD2

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 2
RE: Copying Games! - 1/26/2002 2:46:09 PM   
Warb

ok.....so is there anything i can do?
I'm new to this,have i purchased the wrong writer?
What is sd2 ,is it safe disc 2?

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 3
RE: Copying Games! - 1/26/2002 3:22:56 PM   
netman

all is not lost. go to the main page and find where to download a utility called clony. it tells you what protection is on a cd and how to copy it. a lot depends on whether your drive is a 16101 or a 16102. if it is the latter then you are in luck. many owners report success with these drives and safedisk 2 (sd2). most of the games you mentioned use sd2.

the read errors you encountered are the protection and have to be reproduced on the copy if it is to work. when you read with clonecd use the burner to read with and check 'fast error skip' and in the fes settings choose 0 retries. i don't think the type of error correction is important. don't try to run the copy using the burner, use a cdrom or dvdrom.

if you have the 16101 then you will have to use 'amplify weak sectors' in the write options screen. if you have the latest version of clone and this isn't available then you will have to uninstall clone, go to the 'region settings' in control panel, and change your region from us to canada or something else, then reinstall clone.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 4
RE: Copying Games! - 1/26/2002 8:42:44 PM   
Warb

ok...Thanks..
Ive downloaded clony,but i still have a problem .When i try to make an image file,using my burner,it keeps opening the draw. Ive tried it with different games,but every time i insert into the burner,the door closes and after a few seconds,it opens again. Thanks again netman,hope you can advise.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 5
RE: Copying Games! - 1/27/2002 7:32:02 AM   
netman

search around for other threads on this problem. lots of liteon users have mentioned this and i believe it's mostly power supply related. check the liteon forum, it seems there were a few solutions there.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 6
RE: Copying Games! - 1/29/2002 8:56:43 AM   
aqureshi

Are there any burners which can copy SD2.
Can I use Clone CD to copy Dreamcast backup sel;f boot discs.

Cheers

Asad

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 7
RE: Copying Games! - 1/30/2002 1:48:45 AM   
Titanium

Hiya's,
Aqureshi the Liteon 24x and Plextor 24x do SD2
My choice would be the Liteon

I have a 12/10/40 12102b Liteon and it does SD2 and is only a couple of mins slower than the 24x speed burners, But if i was in the market for a faster burner i would choose Liteon for certain

Have Fun

Tit

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 8
RE: Copying Games! - 2/6/2002 12:07:07 PM   
easyrider

Titanium:
I've seen alot of people that have luck with the liteon.
I am thinking of getting the 24x10x40 (24102b) model, and was wondering how exactly do you all copy a sd2 game sucessfully?
Do you read it with another cd-rom then burn it with the liteon, or do you read and write with the liteon, or what?

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 9
RE: Copying Games! - 3/24/2002 12:58:47 PM   
Agent

I have the same question.

quote:

Titanium:
I've seen alot of people that have luck with the liteon.
I am thinking of getting the 24x10x40 (24102b) model, and was wondering how exactly do you all copy a sd2 game sucessfully?
Do you read it with another cd-rom then burn it with the liteon, or do you read and write with the liteon, or what?

"Memory is treachery"

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Copying Games! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI