CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

InCD boots Win2K   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1378 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD boots Win2K Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
InCD boots Win2K - 1/20/2002 12:47:08 PM   
magnusholm

Hi.

I just installed InCD 3.17.0 on a machine running Plex 2410TA and Windows 2K SP2.
I wrote a backup.cmd that uses ROBOCOPY or XCOPY - I've tried both - to copy a set of files to D: (the driveletter of the mounted formatted RW).

Somwhere in Documents and settings\Administrator\xxxxxxxx the computer boots, all of a sudden, no error messages, no nothing.

"Ok," I thought. "Perhaps it's due to the fact that both ROBOCOPY and XCOPY are command-line utilities... Maybe InCD prefers the GUI character set, or whatever." I changed the script a bit, so that the exact same file structure was written to the harddrive instead, and then drag'n'dropped this structure on d:... that crashed as well.

Is this a known InCD problem? I have searched the web, but can't seem to find any useful information. The AHead.de web-site is completely useless.

Thanks in advance,

Magnus

Post #: 1
RE: InCD boots Win2K - 1/22/2002 2:43:17 AM   
phop007

You can't completely backup you harddisk during you are using windows, try to use Norton Ghost 2002 to backup your data in dos mode (Use Win98/Me Dos Boot diskette).

I have no problem with my lite-on 12101b +Norton Ghost 2002 and Windows XP.

Creative 1210E (LS3J)
Loveless

(in reply to magnusholm)
Post #: 2
RE: InCD boots Win2K - 1/27/2002 6:21:10 PM   
grit621

Where did you get InCD 3.17.0?
I've been waiting for an XP version and the highest version on thier website is like 2.32!

(in reply to magnusholm)
Post #: 3
RE: InCD boots Win2K - 1/28/2002 11:02:03 PM   
phop007

I found one 3.20 Windows XP compatible here

http://www.cdrsoft.cc/index3.html

Creative 1210E (LS3J)
Loveless

(in reply to magnusholm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD boots Win2K Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI