CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Video Tape to DVD What Options?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1336 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Video Tape to DVD What Options? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Video Tape to DVD What Options? - 12/24/2001 12:29:26 AM   
pqp

All I want to do is efficiently and safely transfer my hundreds of videos(PAL) to DVD. I'm running out of shelf space! Can anyone with more experience than me (and that would be just about anyone!)offer their recommendations for a basic set-up? I have so far only found the Pioneer for burning, and I'm in the dark for the rest... input from VCR and conversion(video card, cabling and software.) Is this even in the realms of a home user? Bizzarely, I work in the video editing bizz (which is why I have so many!) and it's all so easy with banks of dedicated industrial strength gear, but it's a whole different beast at home. I feel like a complete know-nothing-blockhead. Arggh!

Post #: 1
RE: Video Tape to DVD What Options? - 1/2/2002 11:45:33 AM   
tokyoskky

Umm.......I went for the pinnacle dv500 editing board with firewire in and out which fits inside your pc to a free pci slot and the Philips dvd+rw 1000 with firewire in. This gives me both flexability for editing from my digital camera via the pinnacle board and speed for sending to and from camera. As far as archiving my svhs tapes I pass the scart or cinch (red/white/yellow connector)from the video recorder directly to the philips machine.

Basically, Recordable DVD is a DVD Player with a Record Button. With the introduction of Philips DVDR1000, the possibility of high quality video and audio recorded onto a DVD is a reality. Imagine the possibilities - digital quality never degrades. The DVDR1000 records from any source, including DV cameras (IEEE1394). Discs are compatible w/ existing DVD Players ("Bare" discs).
For the best quality audio recordings, this DVD recorder has Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC-3) audio record quality. Choose from 4 Recording modes: DV quality (1hr ), DVD (2hr), S-Video (3hr), and VHS (4hr).
- Record from TV in digital quality on ReWritable DVDs
- Copy your favorite camcorder tapes ono DVD for life
- Digital picture and sound quality for the ultimate viewing experience
- Direct access to your recordings, no more winding or rewinding
- Plays DVD and audio-CD9R/RW)
- Recorded discs play on most DVD-Video players
- Visual overview to instantly find your recordings
- High quality mode for camcorder copying and additional modes for up to 4 hours of recording
- Progressive scan for razor-sharp, flicker-free picture
Digital connecition (i.LINK) for high-quality copying from digital camcorders
- Component video input (Y, Pb, Pr) for the best quality recording from analog sources
- VCR Plus+ timer programming

Best Picture Quality thanks to Variable Bite Rate (VBR)

Analogue signals are digitally encoded before recording them onto disc. The Variable Bit Rate (VBR) encoding that is used by Philips DVD-recorders provides the best in Picture quality at a given disc capacity. It makes sure that fast moving scenes (e.g. in sports, action movies, etc.) are allocated more bits than average and static scenes are allocated fewer bits than average. In this way even fast moving scenes are encoded to look sharp, crisp and natural upon playback.

Variable bit rate technology is used on all professionally encoded DVD-video discs. Only the Philips DVD-Recorder offers the capability to offer VBR technology on compatible discs.

(in reply to pqp)
Post #: 2
RE: Video Tape to DVD What Options? - 1/8/2002 7:42:33 AM   
pqp

Thankyou! I have checked out the Phillips and I think it's the one, and work has offered me a firewire left over after an upgrade. Good result.

(in reply to pqp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> Video Tape to DVD What Options? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI