CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yamaha CRW-F1UX   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 915 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Yamaha CRW-F1UX Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yamaha CRW-F1UX - 9/16/2014 3:52:47 PM   
DvdSteve

Hi, not sure that these forums are active - the dates all look pretty old. My problem is with a Yamaha CRW-F1UX an external USB CD re-writer. It had version c of firmware and worked just fine. I have updated it to version g and it now fails when writing to CD.
My problem is that I cannot find the version c firmware anywhere - I have searched for days now and the only possible sites to have it are all Japanese. Does any one have a version of the firmware prior to version g? Preferably version c.
It fails in Nero after the message, "Changing write speed to match disc" - I have disable Optimum writespeed in Nero but it still fails. Is there any one out there please with some info that might help me?
Regards, Steve (UK).
p.s. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I've found the forums a bit tricky to navigate.
Post #: 1
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1UX - 9/17/2014 4:57:55 AM   
Admin

As you may know, Yamaha has stopped supporting its CDRW drives since 2012. We have not the specific firmware in our database, but I hope someone could post a an online link to it if available anywhere.

Have toy tried the v1.0f instead?

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Others/Yamaha-CRW-F1-firmware-10f.shtml

< Message edited by Admin -- 9/17/2014 4:59:48 AM >

(in reply to DvdSteve)
Post #: 2
RE: Yamaha CRW-F1UX - 9/17/2014 12:20:22 PM   
DvdSteve

Hi, thank you for your prompt message. The firmware you pointed me to doesn't state which version of the CRW-F1 it is for, there are IDE, USB and SCSI models (the CRW-F1UX is the USB model), each with different firmware - also the Read-me text file accompanying the firmware appears corrupt and can't be read using Wordpad etc. I'm not knowledgeable enough to decipher the .INI file nor able to 'see inside' the .BIN file

I was aware that Yamaha had ceased support of all CDRW but a year or two ago their website still carried all the firmware updates and I thought that Yamaha would leave them available, now it seems all links I find point to Japanese Yamaha sites. Prior to the English language sites being taken down I downloaded the latest firmware for the various Yamaha drives thinking I'd be ok to update any drives I might purchase. Turned out that version 'g' doesn't work properly with Nero (V6 and V12). I've still got CRW-F1UX drives with firmware 'c' which works fine. Is there any way to extract firmware from one model and install it into another identical drive?

Just hoping that some one had more foresight than I had and saved some of the firmware versions before Yamaha decided to remove them from their sites. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Steve.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Yamaha CRW-F1UX Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll