CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Ricoh RW7060s 1.80 - weird!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1847 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Ricoh RW7060s 1.80 - weird! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ricoh RW7060s 1.80 - weird! - 11/29/2001 11:56:48 AM   
PMDCI

Hey folks. (This is my first message to this forum...)

Hope someone can help me out... Does anyone seemed to have problems with their RW7060s after upgrading to the 1.80 firmware? When using the 1.80 firmware with an Adaptec card, the drive is not detected by Windows (either XP or Win2k). Linux also have problems trying to mount CDs in the the RW7060s.

So I had to change the SCSI card for the one with a BIOS so the CDRW could be detected and then change back to the 1.70 firmware... Any ideas why this might be happening?

I can't use the card which seems to detect the drive with the 1.80 firmware because it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't... The card that works is an adaptec AIC-7850 (that's how it's listed at device manager).

The other card which have a BIOS is a SIIG UltraSCSI card (listed as Advansys SCSI card under device manager)

Here is more info about the two SCSI cards:

The one I'm using is a cheap adaptec card (2930 - this card doesn't have a BIOS) that came bundled with my RW7060s. The card is using the drivers shipped with the OS and is listed as a Adapctec AIC-7850 PCI SCSI Controller. This card doesn't detect the RW7060s using the 1.80 firmware.

The other one is a Ultra SCSI SIIG card (this one have a BIOS). I have this card since 1997. This card DOES detect the RW7060s using the 1.80 BIOS.

I'm not using it because I had some intermitent problems with some previous systems installations before. The weird stuff is that everything seemed to be working fine. I could always read CDs/CDRs/CDRWs without any problems.. but then all of a sudden, I was loosing CDs. I was loosing some CDRs at 6% of the burning process. I use Nero, but I've tried other softwares and also the SCSI & CDR drive in other systems and I had the same problems. After some months, the card seemed to be working properly again... but then the problems returned. So I just forgot about using this card.

Any Ideas why such stuff might be happening? Is there any way to make the 1.80 firmware work with any SCSI card?

Cheers!
Pedro

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> Ricoh RW7060s 1.80 - weird! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI