CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD/DL for Optiarc 7191S at 8X   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1658 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD/DL for Optiarc 7191S at 8X Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD/DL for Optiarc 7191S at 8X - 5/7/2008 4:17:40 PM   
BurnProof

Greets,

I have an Optiarc 7190 in a USB enclosure and a 7191S in the machine.  I dont know what Optiarc/Sony did to the 7191, but the 7191 burns at MUCH lower speeds than the 7190 on the same media.

An example is my verbatim DL's.  In the 7190, the disk shows at a maximum burn speed of 4x.  The same disk (literally) in the 7191S shows 2.4x

Does anyone know what brand of Dual Layer DVD's can be purchased to burn at 8x speed on the 7191S over the net?  I ask over the net because "look for made in malaysia" or "only if factory coded 8291" won't really be able to be checked.

Any recommedations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: DVD/DL for Optiarc 7191S at 8X - 5/7/2008 6:23:04 PM   
MP3Mogul

I would go to their website and see if they have posted some media that they recommend and write speeds, if that's not posted you can email tech support.  Unless you find a member here that has that particular drive, there's not much way to know what is in the firmware, or perhaps if the drive is supported by mediacodespeededit, then you can look and see what media is at what write speed.  I hope this helps some.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to BurnProof)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD/DL for Optiarc 7191S at 8X Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI