CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

roxio issues with xp pro   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1436 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Useful Software >> roxio issues with xp pro Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
roxio issues with xp pro - 2/8/2008 9:01:24 PM   
woodtogo

I have been trying to install Roxio Easy Creator 6 standard edition, and Roxio Easy Creator 7 standard edition, and Roxio Easy Creator 8 Platium and cannot install any of these on my Pc.  I originally had installed Roxio Easy Creator 7 standard edition on my Pc when I first got it.  This version came with a dvd burner I had purchased. All worked well, until I decided to change it because it would not run on my resolution of 800x600.  It kept changing to a higher resolution which was very hard for me to read because everything was so small.  So I have a copy of Roxio Easy Creator 6 standard edition, which is installed on another pc of mine, and thought I would install it on my new pc.  Well this is where the fun starts.  When I tried to install version 6, my pc would not boot up again.  It just keep recycling over and over.  The only thing that saved my butt was a product called GO BACK.  Which when I used it, my system was returned to normal.  So I tried this 3 times, then my nephew gave me a copy of Roxio Easy Creator 8 Platium more than I really wanted but tried to install it and guess what, pc won’t boot again.  Tried that twice.  Now in total despair I install Nero 6 which I also had from a former cd burner, and no problem installed fine and used it for a couple days, but I get too many errors with it and I really like Roxio better.  Seems I can not make a mistake with it and have used it for years.  Ok I will reinstall my version 7 standard edition, and live with the resolution problem and use a magnifying glass when I use it.  Well  it installs, but wipes out all my drives.  CD, DVD Rom, DVD all three gone.  Not knowing what to do I use my GO BACK and return my hd to a normal state.  I now have my dirves, but no burner software.  Does anyone know of what is causing the conflict with Roxio on my machine?  If there is a program that it does not like, I can remove it, but I really need to know what.   I am hoping someone out here has the answer.  Thank-You   Asus mb: P4S800DX    OS: windows xp pro     Processor: Intel 3 g      Memory:  1 g   Hd:  Seagate 120 gig.    Video Board:  XFX 7600 GT
Post #: 1
RE: roxio issues with xp pro - 2/9/2008 6:55:03 AM   
SithTracy

Sounds strange to me... Possibly try updating your video drivers... must be some kind of conflict.  Remove the old nVidia drivers and install the latest available.

(in reply to woodtogo)
Post #: 2
RE: roxio issues with xp pro - 2/11/2008 1:20:34 PM   
woodtogo

ok drivers a ll uptodate, and still no luck...

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: roxio issues with xp pro - 2/11/2008 7:12:45 PM   
SithTracy

Wait a sec... running Nero and Roxio on the same rig?!!?  Never done that and heard they don't play nice... Do you have each products packet writing trash (InCD/DirectCD) on your rig?

(in reply to woodtogo)
Post #: 4
RE: roxio issues with xp pro - 2/11/2008 7:25:03 PM   
woodtogo

NO NO, only one at a time.  Not both together.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: roxio issues with xp pro - 4/23/2015 1:22:28 AM   
jamesjon

Wait a sec... running Nero and Roxio on the same rig?!!? Never done that and heard they don't play nice... Do you

(in reply to woodtogo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Useful Software >> roxio issues with xp pro Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI