CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD Writer crashes PC while burning!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1275 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> DVD Writer crashes PC while burning! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD Writer crashes PC while burning! - 1/20/2008 1:21:04 PM   
Herald

Hi, this problem has been occuring for the past few months and I hope one of you can point me in the right direction.

My problem is that my DVD Writer sometimes crashes mid-way through burning a disc. The crash doesn't always happen (around 65% of burns), seems to happen at random times during the burns and the crash is completely catastrophic: the whole system powers down without warning.
What is really odd is that sometimes the system won't power back up after the crash unless I turn the system off AT THE SOCKET and leave it for a few seconds.

The drive is a Pioneer DVR-111D running the latest firmware under Windows XP SP 2. I use Nero 6 to burn my discs. The motherboard is an MSI K9N SLI Platinum (Nforce 570 chipset), and the drive is running off the boards only IDE channel as master with no slave.

I've tried looking for reports of similar problems without any success. If anyone here could suggest any potential solutions it would be much appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: DVD Writer crashes PC while burning! - 1/20/2008 2:17:43 PM   
MP3Mogul

remove the nforce drivers and delete the ide channel.  Now reboot and let windows install the microsoft drivers for the ide drive.  This should resolve your problem.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Herald)
Post #: 2
RE: DVD Writer crashes PC while burning! - 1/20/2008 6:48:51 PM   
overvolt

You should also check , if your PSU haves any problems .  

Looks as a hardware problem to me ... so PSU and memory modules , are the most known issues.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: DVD Writer crashes PC while burning! - 2/18/2008 12:13:25 PM   
Llamatamer

I agree with overvolt.  I have nearly the same hardware setup as Herald (MSI K9N mobo, Pioneer DVR-111D) but i'm running 64bit Win Vista Ultimate.  I recently upgraded my PC from an AMD 3800 to an AMD 6000 and just discovered the wattage difference between the two.  The 3800 used somewhere in the neighborhood of 89 Watts while the new 6000 uses over 125 Watts.  My system runs flawlessly until I attempt to burn a CD/DVD.  Once I start the burn the system will shut down without warning and will sometimes enter a state where I have to unplug the power cord to get it to reboot.  I'm going to do some investigation today to see if I can remove my other DVD drive and secondary hard drive to eliminate some power consumption.  If I can successfully run a burn then I know it is time to upgrade my power supply.

< Message edited by Llamatamer -- 2/18/2008 12:18:47 PM >

(in reply to overvolt)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> DVD Writer crashes PC while burning! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI