CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD/CD-Media Recommendations   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1573 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD/CD-Media Recommendations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD/CD-Media Recommendations - 9/30/2007 2:39:15 PM   
Listetyven

Hello!

I am looking for some reliable CD- and DVD-media.
I will be using a LiteOn DH20A3P and a Samsung SH-182M. I Will probably be using the Samsung mostly.
The criterias are (for both the CD's and DVD's):

-Balanced Quality/Price.
-They will be used for multimedia (MP3, DivX-films, DVD-Movies, Data, etc.)
-The speed for the DVD's is min. 4x.
-Can be bought in Denmark

I Can find the following CD-manufacturers available here:

Alpha
BASF
BenQ
Commodore
Datawrite
EMTEC
Eproformance
Fuji
Gidana
HP
Imation
Infiniti
Intenso
LaCie
MaxDisc
Maxell
MDA
Mediarange
Memorex
Mmore
Nashua
Philips
Premium
Proff
Samsung
Sony
Taiyo Yuden
TDK
Verbatim

And the DVD-manufacturers:

Alpha
BASF
BenQ
Bulkpaq
Commodore
Datamart
Datawrite
EMTEC
Eproformance
Fuji
Imation
Infiniti
Intenso
MaxDisc
Maxell
Mediarange
Memorex
Mercury
Mirror
Nashua
Panasonic
Philips
Premium
Ridisc
Ritek
RiVision
Samsung
Sony
TDK
Traxdata
Tuffdisc
Verbatim

Apearently no Taiyo Yuden DVD's...

Thanks!

< Message edited by Listetyven -- 9/30/2007 3:08:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: DVD/CD-Media Recommendations - 9/30/2007 3:06:22 PM   
Listetyven

I have found some myself:

CD-R: 100x Verbatim DataLifePlus for about 32 US$
CD-R: 100x TDK for the same price...
CD-R: 100x FujiFilm for about 41 US$

DVD-R: 100x Verbatim standart for about 50 US$
DVD-R: 50x FujiFilm for 40 US$

Will 100x Verbatim DataLifePlus CD´s and 50x FujiFilm DVD-´s Be suitable for my use?

(in reply to Listetyven)
Post #: 2
RE: DVD/CD-Media Recommendations - 9/30/2007 4:48:51 PM   
Zebadee

Hi
Personally I'd stick with Verbatim for both CDRs & DVDs.

(in reply to Listetyven)
Post #: 3
RE: DVD/CD-Media Recommendations - 9/30/2007 6:47:15 PM   
DrageMester

Hi Listetyven,

first of all, I suggest you buy your media online from shops in Germany or Sweden in order to get a reasonable price; it will cost you a third of the price in local shops. I can suggest some online shops if you're interested.

Verbatim is the easy choice for both DVD and CD media.
Taiyo Yuden is just as good (some would say better and some would prefer the Verbatims) but are only available online.

If you can get Verbatim 16x DVD+R media with the media code MCC 004, these are in general the most widely compatible 16x media and usually of very good quality. Some but not all online shops list media codes. If you insist on buying them in a local shop, any Verbatim 16x DVD+R that is marked as "Made in Taiwan" or "Made in India" will have this media code. Any verbatim 16x DVD+R that is marked "Made in Japan" will be manufactured by Taiyo Yuden and have the media code YUDEN000 T03 which is also good but not quite as widely compatible with burners as the MCC 004 media code. In any case you will have a hard time finding DVD media that performs better (in general) than this media.

Verbatim 16x DVD-R media will either be MCC 03RG20 (Made in Taiwan or Made in India) or TYG03 (Made in Japan by Taiyo Yuden) both of which are good and better than most other DVD media.

I personally see no reason to buy the Fujifilm DVD media unless you find it much cheaper than verbatim (very unlikely) and you care more about price than reliability.

For CD media I suggest you choose either Verbatim Crystal Super AZO (a.k.a. DataLifePlus), Verbatim Pastel, or Verbatim Extra Protection Made in Japan.
The Verbatim Pastel and Verbatim Extra Protection Made in Japan are both manufactured by Taiyo Yuden. This is some of the best CD-R media you can get anywhere. Most Verbatim Extra Protection CD-R media is made elsewhere (not in Japan) by other manufacturers and is generally good, but not as good as the type made by Taiyo Yuden.

If you buy online you can also look for Taiyo Yuden CD-R media.

BenQ DW1655, LiteOn LH-20A1P, LiteOn SHM-165P6S, Plextor PX-760A, Plextor PX-712A, Pioneer DVR-111L, NEC ND-4551A
Optiarc AD-7173A, Matshita UJ-840S, LiteOn SHW-1635S, LiteOn SOHR-5239V, NEC ND-3500AG, Sony RDR-HX910

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 4
RE: DVD/CD-Media Recommendations - 9/30/2007 7:14:38 PM   
Listetyven

Thanks forthe replies everybody!

I have alle the time been thinking of buying online, and the suggestions i made is examples from an online shop!

It appears, that the only Verbatim model i can get (looking at both danish, swedish and german sites) is DataLifePlus.
I am going to order 100x Verbatim DataLifePlus CD's and 50x Verbatim DataLifePlus DVD's, but i guess i'll be
looking for Verbatim Pastel or Verbatim Extra Protection!

Thanks again!

(in reply to DrageMester)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> DVD/CD-Media Recommendations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI