CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

what is sfv.file?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1638 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> what is sfv.file? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
what is sfv.file? - 8/28/2007 2:49:00 AM   
culua

i got this weird file called " sfv.file " i really dont understand what to do with it? and what can i do to it?
Post #: 1
RE: what is sfv.file? - 8/28/2007 5:19:57 AM   
aolus

quote:

ORIGINAL: culua

i got this weird file called " sfv.file " i really dont understand what to do with it? and what can i do to it?

SFV files contain CRC32 checksums which can be used to determine wether or not the files listed were downloaded correctly. So, after downloading a set of files, you can use a program like DupeNuker or ezCRC to calculate the CRC32 checksums and then compare them to the checksums in the SFV file. If they match, then everything was downloaded perfectly.
If you open an SFV file with Microsoft Word, or any other word processor that can run scripts, it is possible that a virus in the SFV could get you. When downloading text files, it always a good idea to open them with a bare-bones text editor like NotePad on Windows and TextEdit on the Mac, both of which come free with your computer.
PLZ say thanks if it helpful.

(in reply to culua)
Post #: 2
RE: what is sfv.file? - 8/28/2007 9:55:54 AM   
culua

thanks.

(in reply to aolus)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> what is sfv.file? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI