CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Which SATA DVD rewriter do you suggest me?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1014 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Which SATA DVD rewriter do you suggest me? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which SATA DVD rewriter do you suggest me? - 7/10/2007 2:27:53 PM   
Jumbotron

Hello:

I am a newcomer here. I want to buy a SATA DVD rewriter drive to replace my old IDE unit. I am almost decided to buy the LG GSA-H62N, that has been reviewed at CDRINFO some days ago. Should I buy that drive or do you think that there are better alternatives out there to buy?

Thank you very much in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Which SATA DVD rewriter do you suggest me? - 7/10/2007 3:53:12 PM   
SithTracy

Depends on what you need to do with it... If you are writing CD-R's as well, it does not do that well... I have three SATA drives.  I posted a scan of some Verbatim 16x +R media in this thread.  Also, here are my comments and a scan on Pioneer's DVR-212D.

Personally, I'd recommend those two drives today.  The Pioneer does a great job with DVD-R media and CD-R's...  The LG has RIPLOCK, the Pioneer does not... The two of them together are an excellent combination.

(in reply to Jumbotron)
Post #: 2
RE: Which SATA DVD rewriter do you suggest me? - 7/16/2007 12:54:56 PM   
Jumbotron

Hello again:

I am from Spain and live there. I have no problems to get the LG drive here, but the Pioneer is not so easy to find. I have seen this,  http://www.alternate.es/html/productDetails.html?artno=CEBI01, but it is called DVR-212, without the final 'D'. Do you think it is the same model you have told me about? I suppose it must be the same drive, but i'd prefer to know your opinion before i buy anything.

Thank you.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Which SATA DVD rewriter do you suggest me? - 7/16/2007 4:15:02 PM   
SithTracy

The "D" is a US model that does not have DVD-RAM writing capability.

(in reply to Jumbotron)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Which SATA DVD rewriter do you suggest me? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI