CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Need a Reader   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1773 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Need a Reader Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need a Reader - 7/7/2007 3:25:34 AM   
qz33

Well I have pretty much decided to have separate readers and writers.
Probably gonna go with a LG, Pioneer, or NEC/Sony for the writer

But for the reader I have no idea. Any suggestions. Of course I want fast and accurate. No riplock because a big use will be ripping. I really would like something that can recognize a disc quick. As in as fast as posssible. Maybe just a DVD-Rom? Maybe the Pioneer DVR 112??

Tell me what I need to know! I hope to hear from SithTracy.
Post #: 1
RE: Need a Reader - 7/7/2007 7:25:12 AM   
SithTracy

I don't own a separate reader... I have burners galore... If your primary goal is avoiding riplock, the DVR-112 might be best, but there is no "be-all" burner these days.

Perhaps someone else can recommend a "reader" only, but with burners so cheap, one can afford a couple.  I'd recommend a Pioneer and LG, and if you need to quality scan, possibly a LITE-ON (though I still use a Plextor and a BenQ).

(in reply to qz33)
Post #: 2
RE: Need a Reader - 7/7/2007 11:21:28 AM   
qz33

Well no I don't mean that the drive cannot be a DVD burner, just that I want two separate drives. One for reading discs and another for writing so that I can have the best in each category. Looking for the any drive with the best reading abilities. Speed and quick disc recogintion are important too. I don't like a drive taking 30 minutes just to figure out what disc is in the drive.

Do you think it would be worth it to try to find a Plextor and a BenQ? Might be able to. Would it be worth it if they were used?

(in reply to qz33)
Post #: 3
RE: Need a Reader - 7/7/2007 11:54:33 AM   
SithTracy

I'd go for the Pioneer DVR-212 (SATA) or DVR-112 (IDE)... If you are in the U.S., the drives end in a "D" and do not have DVD-RAM writing support (officially anyway).

(in reply to qz33)
Post #: 4
RE: Need a Reader - 7/7/2007 7:22:06 PM   
qz33

You think the ones without DVD-Ram support are better than the ones with it?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: Need a Reader - 7/7/2007 10:00:01 PM   
SithTracy

quote:

You think the ones without DVD-Ram support are better than the ones with it?
Do you have any DVD-RAM media?  If not, don't worry about it.  Most people don't use it.

(in reply to qz33)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Need a Reader Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI