CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

need help with cdburner issue   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1214 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> need help with cdburner issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
need help with cdburner issue - 4/2/2007 11:22:15 PM   
jcargenni

I'm trying to help my Dad with his new Compaq Presario computer running Vista OS and an Atapi CD/DVD burner. The issue is...every time he tries to burn a CD (no matter whether using Roxio or Windows Media Player, data or audio) it will appear to write the full content, confirm 'write completed successfully' and eject the CD, however, when he inserts the burned CD into another audio or computer drive, it views the disk as a blank. When he tries to re-insert it into the same burner to view the data, the computer acts as if he is inserting a blank CD to burn . He says he can see where data is being burnt on the CD media.
The CD/DVD drive is an ATAPI DVD ADH16AYH ATA using driver 6.0.6000.16386. HP support sent him a new drive and he installed it, but the same thing is happening.
I thought this might be related to the media he is using, however, the same media seems to burn without issues in his older HP machine.
I honestly don't know where to tell him to turn...Staples will not help him and HP is not being any help...
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
TIA!
Post #: 1
RE: need help with cdburner issue - 4/3/2007 7:18:43 AM   
SithTracy

First thing I would do is try burning on a known quality media type:  Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.  Also check for a firmware update for that drive... Start with HP's site and then google it.

(in reply to jcargenni)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> need help with cdburner issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI