CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Why to avoid Rimage Machines...   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1339 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> Why to avoid Rimage Machines... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why to avoid Rimage Machines... - 3/24/2007 10:15:04 PM   
dmonic

So here's the story.

A couple of months ago I noticed lines appearing in my printed CD's. They were very sporadic, but it was annoying. The first 5 CD's would print fine, the next 2 bad, the next 3 good, and so on. I e-mailed tech support.

2.5 weeks later I got a response from tech support. They didn't really answer the question. Their solution for the lines was to increase the print density. Their solution was to essentially use more ink. That kind of eliminates the cost effectiveness of the unit. So I e-mailed back. 1.5 weeks later I got a response that didn't answer the question again. They suggest that the problem is in the print heads, which are on the ink cartridges, so I should try a different cartridge. 4-5 expensive cartridges later, same problem. So I called tech support.

I left my info and someone called me back a couple HOURS later. They gave me some advice, I tried it and it seemed to have worked... for a while. I called tech support again and left my info again, and a few hours later they called back. They asked that I scan the CD's and e-mail them too them so they can see the problem. I do that.

A few DAYS later, I call to find out what's up. I call and leave my info again and they call me back... the next day. When I finally talk to someone, they can't find the e-mail so I resend while I'm on the phone. While the e-mail sends I explain the problem again and the guy on the phone says that it sounds like a problem that would require the unit go back in for repair. So they start that process.

A couple days later, I get the RMA # and send the machine back at a cost of about $90. Two days after shipping off the unit, I get a response to the e-mail I send with the scans... the e-mail had THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM!!!

Fine, whatever... they'll fix the machine and I'll get it back good as new. Three weeks later I get the machine back. I unpack it, set it up, turn it on... there's a light flashing and I can't load the ink cartridges. I look it up in the manual. The flashing light means there's a mechanical malfunction. Awesome. So I call tech support... no answer, but according to their automated system I've been DOWNGRADED from warranty to NON-Warranty repair, even though it's still covered under their warranty. WTF? So I leave my info and have been waiting for a call all day... no call.

The funny thing is that while I was reading through ALL the documentation looking for an answer, I read a line that made me laugh. "Call our world-class technical support staff 24/7". World class? Where are these guys and why am I not talking to them? And yes, you can call them... doesn't mean they'll call you back.

It's a good machine, but just pray that you don't have any problems with it.

(FYI: I'm based in Toronto, Canada...)
Post #: 1
RE: Why to avoid Rimage Machines... - 4/2/2007 9:02:44 PM   
williamT

I Have had the exact same problem in getting responses from tech support at Rimage for my 2000i. Both in non response with emails and telephone calls. Finally after 2.5 weeks of no response and calling the sales department I received a call 3 days later promising to have someone call that day. No one called. After calling again the next day someone from Rimage did call me back. After spending over two hours on the phone the Rimage unit worked HOWEVER in the process of "fixing" the rimage software my external firewire drives would not mount, which they did before following all of the techs instructions. So, now I own a Rimage 2000i that I cannot use due to my audio data drives cannot be accessed. The Rimage tech said it sounds like a windows problem (which I did not have before his "help"). I have spent so much time trying to get it running that I have given up and am looking at other manufacturers to change to. Chalk up a loss of $3k... my opinion is do not buy a Rimage product!

(in reply to dmonic)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues >> Why to avoid Rimage Machines... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI