CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1346 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes? - 9/2/2006 1:39:43 PM   
boe

Hello,

I'd like to create a test DVD with a few chapters from select movies.  I'd like to make sure the chapters are perfect and have both DTS and Dolby sound tracks to compare them.    I'm not sure if this is possible to do with simple software but would like to know if anyone has a good solution.

I'd like to take a couple of chapters from 5th element - taxi and diva scene
I'd like to take a chapter from master and commander - beginning fight

Probably a scene from Blade Trinity - suggestions welcome 
Probably a scene from one of the LOTRs - suggestions welcome 

Probably a scene from Galaxy Quest  - suggestions welcome 

I'd love to have one disc to compare audio samples of a few different DTS and DD scenes without having to change the DVDs or bring all those DVDs with me to the store.   Is it possible to make such a disc with "standard software"?    I currently have the latest nero, dvd43 and 1clickpro.

Thanks!

PS - those movies have DTS, DTS full bit and DTS 6.1- and I have the original discs.   I have quite a few DVDs (98% original) so if you can recommend movies with different DD formats I should copy I would greatly appreciated it!

Sorry if this has been covered before - no idea what to search for.
Post #: 1
RE: Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes? - 9/5/2006 6:43:13 AM   
alexmacris

Hi friend! I dont' know if the software you mention can do this, probably you need a software like DVD Remake Pro to accomplish your wish

(in reply to boe)
Post #: 2
RE: Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes? - 9/23/2006 4:30:07 AM   
boe

Thanks I gave it a try.  It did allow me to make individual discs of just the scenes I wanted.    I tried to combine discs and for some reason it didn't like the navigation when changing between "discs" on the same disc.   I also tried to combine VTS without luck. 

I was able to create the ideal disc of the different scenes with Nero Vision however it was actually less than ideal because when I imported the VOB files it converted to audio to stereo.  I'm currently using Nero 7.5.1 Premium.  There may be a way to import the VOBs and keep the audio tracks but I can't figure it out.   It is a shame as it seems I'm so close and yet so far.

(in reply to alexmacris)
Post #: 3
RE: Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes? - 9/25/2006 6:49:39 AM   
alexmacris

Hi friend! I haven't done anything close to what you have said, so i cannot comment it, sorry, maybe other member knows more?

(in reply to boe)
Post #: 4
RE: Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes? - 9/25/2006 12:12:19 PM   
adiadidas

Well my advice follows a bit dfifferent path to the solution. Why dont you try to extract only the audio format of each scene. In this case you will have only audio no video but you will be able to say the difference of each sample. 

Just my 5 cents( i dont give 2 any more) 

(in reply to alexmacris)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Burning a good test DVD - DTS and DD test scenes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI