CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intro and mission of mercy   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 846 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Intro and mission of mercy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intro and mission of mercy - 8/21/2006 2:36:35 PM   
wirehawker

Hi to everyone

Intro; I'm male, 55, do a bit of hawking [hence the user name] and trying to help my son who has a problem with his NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A drive --- which is how I found the forum by doing a search for the drive!

Anyway... may be some one has seen this problem before with the drive - or the same problem with other drives? Although Win XP loads the driver for it there is an error message stating; "driver loaded but can not find hardware - error 41" Windows help is of no... help at all and I've just emailed NEC from their web page as I can't find the drive number listed.

Although it will run run all types of disks [CD & DVD] there is still this error. He's also had problems installing iTunes for his iPod --- fails to complete installation?

Anyone able to help?

Much obliged if you can.

Frank
Post #: 1
RE: Intro and mission of mercy - 8/21/2006 4:43:10 PM   
adiadidas

I actually have exactly the same problem. Any help would be much obliged for sure.
PS
What do you mean by that? Intro and mission of mercy

(in reply to wirehawker)
Post #: 2
RE: Intro and mission of mercy - 8/21/2006 6:05:46 PM   
wirehawker

The 'mission of mercy' bit? Because I was posting for my son whose computer has the DVD_RW drive... me on a mission of mercy --- just my sense of humour!

Hope you get some help as well. The lad's lucky as I've found out from him he took out an extended type warrenty so maybe... just maybe... a techie will be coming out to sort out his PC. He's now unable to do a system restore as there isn't a restore point available - message from the system restore programme or run anything on it now - 'though it would just before I posted to the forum!

(in reply to adiadidas)
Post #: 3
RE: Intro and mission of mercy - 8/22/2006 10:22:22 AM   
wirehawker

For adiadidas -UPDATE to the son's DVD drive problem - reply from NEC support;

Dear Customer,

This is a known issue with Windows XP, please read article 314060 on the Microsoft Knowledge Base to resolve this problem.

Link to Article 314060; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us

Regards

Mark Hallsworth

NEC Data Storage Support.

email: datastorage.support@UK.neceur.com

For Firmware updates please visit: www.de.nec.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/1333

Dead easy to sort out. Just read the aricle in the link, download the 314060 [I saved to the desktop] then when ready just double click to extract it and follow any instructions. All it asked me to answer was which computer, as there's a home network, then did its thing in a split second, had to manually restart computer and CD/DVD was uasable again.

(in reply to wirehawker)
Post #: 4
RE: Intro and mission of mercy - 8/22/2006 1:51:55 PM   
adiadidas

Yeah ok
Its called helpedesk and you can get a reliable answer.
but you have to wait for f***g long time to get the answer
So, thanks for the asnwer and i will try that as an individual.

(in reply to wirehawker)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Intro and mission of mercy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI