CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ps2 backup   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1173 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> ps2 backup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ps2 backup - 2/22/2004 3:00:56 PM   
Dboy

Could someone show me how to backup ps2 games. Some of my questions are: I have a cd burner. Do i need a dvd burner? Is there one method to copy all games or does the method change depending on the game? Could someone walk me through step by step. Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: ps2 backup - 2/22/2004 9:43:40 PM   
sp

If the gane is on a DVD, then you will need a DVD burner (quite cheap these days...)

Any program that is able to handle disc-to-disc copies can do the job.
You will need a modification chip for playing the backup games. There is also a swap disc trick available, when using specific add-on cards. The degree of success of the latter method varies though, according to reports I am hearing.

WM # CI

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 2
RE: ps2 backup - 2/23/2004 5:30:26 PM   
Ex-CON

I would suggest that you get the new DMS chip for your PS2 and a dvd burner, DMS does wonders :) , Anyways, all you need is those two things, Use alcohol 120% for 1:1 copies. You will never need to patch any games, All backups work 100% for me

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 3
RE: ps2 backup - 2/24/2004 3:02:23 PM   
Dboy

Thanks for the reply. I did some research and I was wondering if you guys recommend the swap disc or mod chip. For all ps2 backups. If chip then the magic 3.1 or dms3 version2. Which one works better. I heard that solder works better is that true. Also the dms3 offers updates or something. Do you really need this for future use. Also do you know any good place that will install the chip and have some kind of warranty. Is there any difference between dvd+r,dvd-r,dvd+rw,dvd-rw. Which one is best for ps2 backups and for most dvds.Do you recommend one that has all formats. Also I heard that you need some kind of special function on your burner to do backups. The website said to get a plextor. Does anyone know which one is a good model and a reasonable price that will perform for all these purposes without having to upgrade anytime soon. Thanks for everything guys

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 4
RE: ps2 backup - 2/24/2004 3:03:16 PM   
Dboy

Thanks for the reply. I did some research and I was wondering if you guys recommend the swap disc or mod chip. For all ps2 backups. If chip then the magic 3.1 or dms3 version2. Which one works better. I heard that solder works better is that true. Also the dms3 offers updates or something. Do you really need this for future use. Also do you know any good place that will install the chip and have some kind of warranty. Is there any difference between dvd+r,dvd-r,dvd+rw,dvd-rw. Which one is best for ps2 backups and for most dvds.Do you recommend one that has all formats. Also I heard that you need some kind of special function on your burner to do backups. The website said to get a plextor. Does anyone know which one is a good model and a reasonable price that will perform for all these purposes without having to upgrade anytime soon. Thanks for everything guys

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 5
RE: ps2 backup - 2/25/2004 11:37:43 AM   
Jimmys

I would recommend you to install a modchip on your console and not the swap disc because its more compatible with the games more safely for your console (after the installation) and finally much more easy to use.
For a modchip I would agree with Ex-CON about the DMS modchip but I would also suggest you to take a look for the Messiah modchip, that is a very good solution.
I don’t know about warranty after the installation of a modchip, you will surely loose the Sony warranty, but maybe you can get a kind of warranty from the person that did the installation job. On this point I would like you take a big care about the installation and test your console to be sure that everything is working well because as far as it concern the Messiah modchip its really tough to get it install even from a professional.
For the different types of dvd media from what users are saying, the –r is the most compatible format for the ps2 console and you can get a very good writer for about 130 euros

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 6
[Deleted] - 2/25/2004 11:39:25 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Dboy)
  Post #: 7
RE: ps2 backup - 2/29/2004 2:14:14 PM   
reas11

Hi if i were you id get a slide card and swap magic its safe and works 100% you can get one from www.modchip.com for $35

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 8
[Deleted] - 2/29/2004 3:19:20 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Dboy)
  Post #: 9
RE: ps2 backup - 2/29/2004 4:35:01 PM   
reas11

No the slide card and swap magic its futher down its a black card which slides under the disk tray try this www.modchip.com/ps2/slidecard.htm

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 10
RE: ps2 backup - 2/29/2004 4:53:11 PM   
reas11

by the way with the no soldering mod-chip it only works 650mb cd-r and only works with dvd-r with games under 2.5gb but with the slide cards it works with every cd-r and almost every dvd-r and rw

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 11
[Deleted] - 2/29/2004 11:49:15 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to Dboy)
  Post #: 12
RE: ps2 backup - 3/1/2004 11:23:20 AM   
Jimmys

I just checked reas11 link and it seems to be a very useful method but
what about the compatibility? I think it isn't compatible with psx games
reas11 do you personally use that method? Have you tried to back up any EA sports game?
I have heart that that the no soldering modchips are more harmful for the laser beam. Have you experienced any problems with the dvd-rom of your console?

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 13
RE: ps2 backup - 3/1/2004 7:23:50 PM   
reas11

i'm happy you like it .you can play psx games with it but you have to have a gameshark and do the swap method with that

with the game shark you boot the gameshark disc choose start game choose without codes use the slide card and play i think it works with some EA Sports games but i'm not sure i've got the slide card and it works for me

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 14
RE: ps2 backup - 3/7/2004 5:46:50 PM   
reas11

Hey i just wanted to say i got my slide card and its everything what my mates is it does work and its only small there is one thing what you have to do before you can use it you have to take the front cover of the disc tray off. all you do is turn the ps2 on eject the disc tray turn the power off by the back switch turn the ps2 over undo a screw on the cover of the disc tray pull it off and its done.And how you use it you put swap magic disc in close the disc tray wait until it says insert disc put slide card under disc tray the left side about 2cm from the edge grabe a hook with it pull it to the right and the disc tray comes out swap the swap magic with the backup disc push tray all the way back in do the same with the slide card again (this time grab the hook and pull it back to the left) this locks the disc tray,and press X and your playing your backups .A its not as long as it looks

(in reply to Dboy)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> ps2 backup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote