CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Problems seeking between tracks on some Audio CDs   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1402 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> RE: Problems seeking between tracks on some Audio CDs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Problems seeking between tracks on some Audio CDs - 2/25/2004 3:04:56 AM   
JadeMonkee

quote:
Keep the speed down,

I tried burning at 12x, but it didn't help. Also tried burning at 40x and 48x and 52x.
quote:
try assembling the tracks in EAC

Will try this next.
quote:
purchase some small amounts of various ones, this will give you an idea of what will work for your drive. Please post back and let us know your results.

Will do so in the coming weeks.

(in reply to JadeMonkee)
Post #: 17
RE: Problems seeking between tracks on some Audio CDs - 2/25/2004 10:05:47 AM   
JadeMonkee

EDIT:
Ok, so I thought I'd figured it all out.
I thought the blame lay square in Nero's lap.
I created and burnt the CD using EAC, and it worked prefectly (only I hadn't figured out how to edit the indexes correctly).
So I was pretty confident that I'd found the problem - and the problem was Nero.
So I wrote a rather large post describing all that I'd found out.
Then I went back to EAC and recreated the compilation with the correct indexes.
And the problem arose again.
So, no. The blame is on the Media. Definately the Media's fault. And when I burnt that first compilation in EAC, I must have just come across a CD without any problems. So typical.
So yeah, I'm never buying another CMC CD again...

(in reply to JadeMonkee)
Post #: 18
RE: Problems seeking between tracks on some Audio CDs - 6/16/2004 4:14:27 AM   
jc21

I too have similar problems and this is what i can tell you.

I have a alpine cd player in my car, and a freinds. They are about 7 years old, but they play original cd's perfectly. I experience the same skipping issue in both players when it comes to burnt cd's.

In my work, it's my job to find a problem to another error regarding burnt cd's. The players i work with were manufactured by sony, and people i know have had heaps of issues with sony players and burnt cd's. in some cases, they just won't play at all. i even suspect sony made the same players in the headunits i'm dealing with.

Using both Nero6 and Nero5, i could not create a readable cd, either compiled or from original, and at any speed. I dug out some old cd's i had burnt 4-5 years ago, and most of them play perfectly. The players at work used to use Kodak Gold's and worked fine, but they are stopped making them, which is when we first had trouble.

We have tried most cd's, tdk, imation, datastream, even no-name dodgy blanks. same problem happens. Although, some play better than others. We have also used Blindwrite to copy orignals, even in PQ/PW (exact sector by sector copy) mode and we thought our problems were solved, until we played the cd a few times.

My suspicions, are that the cd's these days are designed to be burnt quicker, and the players these days are mostly cheap and nasty components. I'm not an expert, but the laser wavelength might just be out of standard by a little, and possibly reading the sectors wrong, or maybe causing the dye to change. A solution, if this was a problem, is to get blanks with a lower burn speed, even less than 16x.

Another suspicion is CD-Text. older players can't read it, so it may be causing problems.

Another suspicion, is the blanks themselves, and their translucency. Original discs cannot be 'seen through' when held to the light, and unlike blanks, they are totally silver. I've tried to find blanks that are as close to an original cd as possible, with no real success.

I've also tried finding a copy of the Red Book and Yellow Book standards for CD's without paying for them, and being unsuccessful.

I've tried almost everything in my reach to fix the faults and there are no answers to be found. But why do blank cd's look different (green, blue, yellow) from originals (silver)??

(in reply to JadeMonkee)
Post #: 19
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> RE: Problems seeking between tracks on some Audio CDs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI