CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

PS2 Backups on DVD+RW   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 812 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> PS2 Backups on DVD+RW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PS2 Backups on DVD+RW - 2/16/2004 11:48:09 PM   
santita

Hi everybody....

Iīm trying to backup some of my PS2 DVD games (FIFA 2004, Price, WRC 3) but I canīt have complete success.

I have a DVD+ burner (Sony DW-P50A) which I know itīs not the best for being + and not -, and Iīve tried using Nero (v 5.5.10.54) for the 3 games and only WRC3 worked at the first try. The other two (FIFA 2004 and Prince) do not work. I use Swap Magic DVD version 2 to boot the games. WRC3 works perfectly, Prince seems to start booting and I get the Loading... message from Prince (same message I get when I boot with the original one) but it stays on that screen forever. FIFA 2004 doesnīt even do anything (I just hear the laser moving around but nothing happens). The media I use is Verbatim DVD+RW discs (I used this media for testing, I didnīt want to burn on +R to throw them in the garbage).
I also used Alcohol 120% (version 1.4.8 build 1222) and RecordNow Max (version 4.50) with the exact same results on both.
My PS2 is a SCPH-50004 (version 9 as far as I know) which should be able to read +/- DVD-RW. No mod chip is installed on the console, only using Swap Magic discs and swap tool.

The strange thing is that WRC 3 worked perfectly fine on a DVD+RW Verbatim media and Prince seems to load at least the beggining of the game, but FIFA 2004 doesnīt load at all.
I know that + media is not the best (from what I read on different threads) but the backup of WRC 3 worked fine with that media.
Unofrtunatelly I donīt have any other DVD recorder.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: PS2 Backups on DVD+RW - 2/17/2004 12:48:58 AM   
MP3Mogul

The preferred media for the Playstation 2 seems to be from most users standpoint DVD-R, and the +R format causes alot of problems, perhaps this is the case for you as well...

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to santita)
Post #: 2
RE: PS2 Backups on DVD+RW - 2/23/2004 6:32:18 PM   
santita

It worked!!!!

I did the backup with Recordnow Max on DVD+R Verbatim media and FIFA 2k4 and Prince worked perfectly..... WRC 3 was working fine with DVD+RW Verbatim Media.

Apparently DVD+ media works fine with PS2 SCPH-50004 (version 9). Even +RW works fine cause WRC3 backup worked perfectly with this media, and also DVD movies backed up on +RW also are read perfectly on this PS2.
But I guess there is some kind of protection on some games that checks if its a stamped DVD (or Recordable) or if itīs a rewritable one.

(in reply to santita)
Post #: 3
RE: PS2 Backups on DVD+RW - 2/26/2004 12:42:03 AM   
Ex-CON

quote:
But I guess there is some kind of protection on some games that checks if its a stamped DVD (or Recordable) or if itīs a rewritable one.

NO, older models of the PS2 cant even read DVD+R , since you have a newer version PS2 , then its no problem. I think Versions 1,2,3 and maybee 4 couldnt read DVD+R

(in reply to santita)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> PS2 Backups on DVD+RW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote