CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Error writing to disk   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 932 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Error writing to disk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error writing to disk - 2/10/2004 5:59:43 PM   
Lord_Robin

Hello everyone,

I apologise if this problem has been addressed elsewhere. I have looked through the forums to see if any solutions apply to me, but it does not seem to.

I am getting this familiar messge whilst trying to format my CDRW.
"Error writing the disk in D:\ please confirm that the disk is compatible with the drive and is not scratched and damaged".

Now I had a previous version of Incd, the one where you could never get the cd out of the drive, however had no problems with formating.

I was using 4.0.7.2 and had no problems to start with. Then for some reason unknown to me I have had this error writing problem.

So I have done the right thing and upgraded to 4.1.0.0
But I still have the same problem. Incidently I can still burn CD-R's using Nero, but cannot format CDRW's.
I have been using Imation media.

I can provide the infotool.txt.
-----------------
On another matter. I have been given a Panasonic DVD-RAM media with recorded film on it. How can I read this cd in my CR/DVD drive?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Error writing to disk - 2/17/2004 10:54:38 PM   
dburg

InCD formatting issue: probably the best is that you get a try with the new version 4.1.5.7. If it still doesn't work, send me by e-mail the infotool.txt file, and the log files of incd (check the html FAQ of InCD in its installation folder for name a position of these log files depending of your operating system).

DVD-RAM topic: To read a DVD-RAM you require a DVD-RAM read capable device. Run InfoTool to check the read capability of your DVD device.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to Lord_Robin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Error writing to disk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI