CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problems copying protected software   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1283 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Problems copying protected software Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems copying protected software - 2/6/2006 11:06:20 PM   
garpoonga

Hello all,

I am having problems making backups of some programs I have, as I have paid a fair bit for these it ticks me off that I can't back them up. Anyway, I have tried to use Alcohol120 as well as anydvd, the programs seem to copy fine, but then they will not work.  I can't even open individual files on the copied disks. One program is on a CD one is on a DVD, both are mapping programs.

Any idea what program I can use to make exact copies that will work, or how to bypass the protection ?

Thanks,

Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Problems copying protected software - 2/7/2006 1:47:07 AM   
Antonio

Do you know the protection for those discs you have? Also which drive are you using?

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to garpoonga)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems copying protected software - 2/7/2006 4:18:20 AM   
emperor

i don't imagine that any of the disc have special protection, i assume are maps for Navigation Car system?

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems copying protected software - 2/8/2006 3:39:45 PM   
garpoonga

The two programs I am trying to copy are: 1) Magellan Mapsend topo Canada and 2) Fugawi Canada Maps, BC edition.

I noticed on the Magellan one there was a macrovision protection folder that cloneDVD removed, but then for some reason clonedvd failed during the process. 

As for the drive I am using, I have tried two, the one on my laptop is a dvd burner about 15 months old, the one on my desktop is new, dual layer litescribe dvd/cd burner.

How could I tell what protection is on the disk ?

(in reply to garpoonga)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems copying protected software - 2/9/2006 2:29:27 AM   
Antonio

How about Alcohol 120% latest version?

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to garpoonga)
Post #: 5
RE: Problems copying protected software - 2/10/2006 11:53:02 PM   
AvidGamer

quote:

i don't imagine that any of the disc have special protection, i assume are maps for Navigation Car system?

I know that CloneCD/DVD has just released an update to their software. I would try to update it with the latest patch and if that doesn't work see if there is other software out there to help you.

Try taking a look at Copy Game Reviews There is a feature set section that could help you find the right software, even though they are game copying software most programs there can still do the trick. Let me know if it works out.

Good Luck!

Game Copy Reviews and Ratings for the leading game back up programs.

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Problems copying protected software Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI