CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Double checking...   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1396 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Double checking... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Double checking... - 1/31/2006 2:15:47 PM   
FetusCakeMix

I just stumbled across a harddrive that I've had laying around, and it just so happens to fit in my ps2, and it's a HDD that I've read to be confirmed to work in a ps2.

Now, I just want to get a few things straight before I go and order the HDloader.

There's no possible way I can format the HDD to work in my PS2 using my computer?  There's no application that will do it for me?  And in order to play backed up games from the HDD, do I need to have the HD loader disc in the PS2 at all times?  And is the HD loader the way to go?  Or is there any better software on the market?

Thanks in advance guys.
Post #: 1
RE: Double checking... - 2/1/2006 2:41:42 AM   
ModFreak

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
I think that you can format your HDD to PS2 format by using the PC. The WinHIIP is the program that you will need.
As for the HDLoader, if you already had a ModChip installed you can download the software (peer 2 peer, torrents…..) and it will work fine…. By using the HDLoader you can format the HDD so you do not have to use your PC…

(in reply to FetusCakeMix)
Post #: 2
RE: Double checking... - 2/1/2006 3:00:08 AM   
FetusCakeMix

Do I need to have my PS2 modded before I can play games off the HDD?

(in reply to ModFreak)
Post #: 3
RE: Double checking... - 2/1/2006 4:00:14 AM   
ModFreak

If you want to run a downloaded version of the HDLoader on an unmodded PS2, then you will have to use the exploit. The exploit is something like an Operating System for the PS2 and it can run homebrew applications (.elf code). If you have the time you can search it on the web… It requires LAN network, an FTP program and an original PSX game….. So I do not recommend it if you don’t now anything about LAN networks... Farther more in order to use the HDLoader on an unmodified PS2 is to get the original HDLoader.

http://ps2emu.dcemu.co.uk/ps2homebrew3.shtml

< Message edited by ModFreak -- 2/2/2006 3:47:02 AM >

(in reply to FetusCakeMix)
Revisions: 3 | Post #: 4
RE: Double checking... - 2/28/2006 1:09:53 PM   
genessy

hello guys, I just bought my ps2 scph50000, second hand. How would I know if the unit is modded? Is there anyway to know if its modded widout opening the unit?

(in reply to ModFreak)
Post #: 5
RE: Double checking... - 3/9/2006 5:07:34 AM   
emperor

just insert a cd-r backup of a ps2 game, if it plays your console is modded, if doesn't...

(in reply to genessy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> Double checking... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote