CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1917 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ? - 1/28/2004 11:47:08 PM   
ramius

Hi there

Does any of you cd-gurus have any experience with Sonic's packet-writing program DLA v3.60 in combination with Nero 5.5.10.54 and Alcohol 120% v1.4.8 ?

The DLA program came bundled with my writer Lite-On LDW-411s, but in the readme file it says that it does not like Nero ... Is Sonic mad or something ...

Should I use DLA or switch to InCD ? Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Post #: 1
[Deleted] - 1/29/2004 11:32:55 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to ramius)
  Post #: 2
RE: Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ? - 1/29/2004 2:03:04 PM   
ramius

Yeah, it seems like packet-writing is sh*t, but the idea is good.

I think I'm bying an extra hard-disk and use that for all my downloaded stuff, then make a full backup now and then.

Thanks

(in reply to ramius)
Post #: 3
[Deleted] - 1/29/2004 2:49:41 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to ramius)
  Post #: 4
RE: Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ? - 1/30/2004 7:59:06 PM   
Alainc

DLA 3.6 like other packet writing driver does not like to share with an other packet driver.
It is the fastest to format DVD-RW and waste less space than others like InCd or B'sClip. Disk have to be fanilized though to be readable on platforms not running DLA. Why would you use it with Nero? You just drag and drop with explorer. When you use Nero for burning CD/DVD, just disable it from explorer for the writer you plan to use.

Gaac

(in reply to ramius)
Post #: 5
RE: Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ? - 1/30/2004 10:02:32 PM   
ramius

Hallo Anianc

I've just ordered a hard-drive "Seagate Barracuda 120 GB / 8 MB csche" for backup and updates. This way I have all of my files stored in a safe place, hopefully...

This packet-writing stuff is too troublesome, and without it, less driver files on your PC.

(in reply to ramius)
Post #: 6
RE: Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ? - 1/31/2004 8:55:17 PM   
Bornloser

I use Stomp DLA (which is the exact same thing as Sonic) and also use Nero 6. Haven't had a problem as of yet. Works great. Just make sure that you don't have any other packet writing software installed. I use DLA because InCD doesn't support CDR's and DirectCD just plain sucks.

(in reply to ramius)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Sonic DLA - Good or Bad ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI