CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1415 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? - 12/24/2003 8:16:20 PM   
my PS2 has USBMOD

I am having problems running my PS2 backup's on my ps2. I have a v.5 ps2 and have just installed a USBMOD (SBOX) in it. I have been trying to back-up my games with Alcohol 120%, Nero and so far, none have worked. I did get my Midnight Club backup to run once, but never again. I have been burning them onto Maxell 2.4x DVD+R's. I am using a HP200i DVD burner. I have gameshark2 version 2. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Can someone tell me software to backup my games with? I'd appreciate ANY advice or anything! [?]
Post #: 1
RE: USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? - 12/26/2003 12:48:46 PM   
Jimmys

Hello
Although i don't know the specifications of your modchip I thing that you have to use dvd-r discs to make working a back-up on a ps2 console

(in reply to my PS2 has USBMOD)
Post #: 2
RE: USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? - 12/26/2003 7:46:11 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

and in addition to Jimmy's post: the dvd writer you have will not burn to DVD-Rs... since you almost had one game working, you may want to try using really high quality DVD+R media (since your other option is to buy a new drive...) try getting Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD+Rs, or any DVD+R that is made in Japan.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

Post #: 3
RE: USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? - 12/27/2003 3:47:39 AM   
Tron

Please note DVD-R is not supported with the SBox. To Play DVD-R, please use an alternative chip such as the Neo2.5 or No-solder Mod.

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

Post #: 4
RE: USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? - 12/27/2003 3:13:10 PM   
Tron

To be honest I did a search of the net and copy and pasted that last post I made. There is a mistake in it. It should be : "Please note DVD-R and DVD+R is not supported with the SBox. To Play DVD-R or DVD+R, please use an alternative chip such as the Neo2.5 or No-solder Mod."

So if you are trying to run a backup game on DVD in your PS2, this method of mod chip wont work..... Looks like this method will only play backup CDRs.... I do not own one, but this is the info I gathered on the Internet.

CDR-INFO

Post #: 5
RE: USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? - 12/27/2003 10:59:16 PM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Tron

To be honest I did a search of the net and copy and pasted that last post I made. There is a mistake in it. It should be : "Please note DVD-R and DVD+R is not supported with the SBox. To Play DVD-R or DVD+R, please use an alternative chip such as the Neo2.5 or No-solder Mod."

So if you are trying to run a backup game on DVD in your PS2, this method of mod chip wont work..... Looks like this method will only play backup CDRs.... I do not own one, but this is the info I gathered on the Internet.

Hi Tron
I also did some research about the S-BOX and I have found that it does not enable the playing of back-ups made on DVD-R's or DVD+R's only on CDR'S and you have to use it with the Action Replay 2 or it won't work with the CDR's either so it looks like the S-BOX is a waste of money !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

Post #: 6
RE: USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? - 12/28/2003 12:44:39 PM   
Tron

Yes, too bad they don't make that more clear on the web page. I feel bad for people who have wasted their money on this thing. Only good thing is that they are so cheap...Oh well, I hope this info will help someone else looking for a mod chip.....

CDR-INFO

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> USBMOD (SBOX) I need Ps2 Game Burning help? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI