CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

how much and what can i do   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1382 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> how much and what can i do Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how much and what can i do - 11/25/2005 7:05:33 PM   
rman56

Okay, I have a question...or two.  In the never ending quest to save money, I've been circumventing purchasing a DVD burner by using Nero to burn video files onto a regular CD.  I know, I know, I'm using a lot of CD's, but they're cheap and it has been working...until recently.  I also purchased 123 Video Converter to convert different formats and to split files.  What's happening now is no matter how slow I burn the CD at, the video and the audio are off track.  This wasn't always the case. 

So...Question 1.

What is your opinion on how much one needs to spend on a DVD burner?  Do you have a preference over internal or external drives?  Okay, that's 2 questions.  There's more.

I'm trying other video splitters in the meantime, and this is what I'm getting now.  I'll give you an example.  I'm trying to chop a couple minutes off of one file so it will fit on a regular CD.  When I do that with 123 Video Converter, the video and audio are not in sync.  When I try it with other splitters, I end up with a file that says ***.avi.001 and ***.avi.002.  I've never had this before, I don't know anything about re-joining files, I just want a smaller file.  What do I do?  Any suggestions?

Thanks for your patience!

rman56
Post #: 1
RE: how much and what can i do - 11/26/2005 8:57:07 AM   
Antonio

How much for a burner? The good thing is that prices are too low now. Even with $40 you can get a decent burner. I think the cost is too low between burners with price at $40 or other sometimes better at $55. This is for internal...Just get a BenQ, Plextor, Pioneer or NEC for example.

Never used 123 Video Converter, sorry.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to rman56)
Post #: 2
RE: how much and what can i do - 11/26/2005 8:26:40 PM   
rman56

Thanks.  Actually, you answered my question perfectly.  I see such a wide range of prices and I was wondering if something in the $50-60 range was okay.

rman56

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> how much and what can i do Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI