CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1444 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/5/2003 1:27:47 PM   
Hutch166

I am running two Lite-On LTR-52327S CD burners in a Windows XP Pro operating system. The burners came bundled with Nero 5.5.10.13 and InCD 3.5.22.0.

My problem is that since installing WinXP I am unable to format blank CD-RWs with InCD. The program goes through all the motions but the result is always an unusable disk locked into UDFRDR format containing 168Kb of data but annotated as full.

At first I was tempted to think it was a hardware problem but both burners suffer the same problem. I don't think it's the media (usually Imation 1x-4x compatible) as the problem still occurs with other brands. I have repeatedly uninstalled/re-installed InCD and disabled IMAPI in WinXP but nothing works. I have fully erased the 'formatted' disks with Nero Express and tried reformatting but this doesn't work either. The Nero InfoTool tells me that the system ASPI isn't installed but the Nero ASPI (WNASPI32.dll) is version 2.0.1.50.

Other disks previously formatted in FS-UDF when I was still running Win98SE continue to be writeable/readable with InCD.

Any ideas anyone???[:(!]
Post #: 1
RE: InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/7/2003 1:41:18 AM   
sp

Please disable the bult-in recording service.
Please right-click "my computer" --> manage --> services.
Then disable this service.
I am running win2000 at this time, so I hope some other person will tell you more details.
You can even search older postings for more information on this problem.
I hope this helps...

WM # CI

(in reply to Hutch166)
Post #: 2
RE: InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/8/2003 5:08:04 AM   
Hutch166

Hi SP,

Thanks very much for your input. However, as I indicate in my original post, I had already tried repeatedly to disable IMAPI in Windows XP (using the method you described) and then reinstalling InCD but without success.

I had occasion to reinstall XP during the weekend and this time I disabled IMAPI before installing Nero Express, InCD and EasyReader. This worked because the blank disks previously formatted now displayed as FS-UDF instead of UDFRDR. So this problem has now been solved. My guess is that previous attempts at uninstalling InCD prior to disabling IMAPI were not successful.

The downside is that disks previously mounted and written with InCD on a Windows 98SE pc now show folders with no content. I have a nasty feeling that reinstalling Ahead's generic UDFReader will reverse the present situation by allowing me to read from the older disks (which will probably display as UDFRDR) but prevent the formatting blank media with InCD. Sigh.........!!!

(in reply to Hutch166)
Post #: 3
RE: InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/8/2003 11:24:38 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Hutch166 and Welcome to Our Forum !!!
I am pleased you sorted your problem out and thanks for posting the solution !!!
If anyone is not sure how to Disable the Windows XP Built in Burning Program (IMAPI) just go to :-
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6264
and you will see I have put a very easy solution in our FAQ !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Hutch166)
Post #: 4
RE: InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/9/2003 12:41:25 PM   
sp

Sorry LA for forgeting to mention the excelent work being done on the forum faq:(

WM # CI

(in reply to Hutch166)
Post #: 5
RE: InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/15/2003 6:06:08 AM   
Hutch166

Hi LA,

Thanks for the kind welcome, and especially for the great help from this forum

I have just downloaded and installed InCD 4.1 from the Nero site and this has apparently solved all my problems in one fell swoop! I can now read from and write to all my old disks previously formatted with both Adaptec EasyCD and InCD3. An added bonus is that erasing and formatting CD-RWs is many times faster than with InCD3. I notice that the format of disks is now CD-UDF rather than FS-UDF. I don't know what the essential differences are between the two formats but InCD 4 beats version 3 hands down.

Thanks again guys!

(in reply to Hutch166)
Post #: 6
RE: InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/15/2003 4:34:35 PM   
Laffin Assassin

No Problem Mate that is what we are Here for !!!

(in reply to Hutch166)
Post #: 7
RE: InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW - 12/15/2003 4:36:14 PM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by sp

Sorry LA for forgeting to mention the excelent work being done on the forum faq:(

Not to worry SP even I forget things some times (It must be the age) !!!

(in reply to Hutch166)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD Formatting Problems with CD-RW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI