CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B Quite Drive problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1025 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B Quite Drive problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B Quite Drive problem - 10/27/2005 2:47:37 AM   
BedBug

I have just bought a LG 4163B and im using a new burning program , its suppose to be fast but is taking for ever to burn a DVD, in the help file it says something about the Quite drive will only read at 2X even though the burner is a 16X, its says download a modified (patched) firmware to disable this feature. does anyone know where i could find this patch, ive updated the firmware to the A105, but cant find anywhere in the DVD burners properties where to disable the quite drive speed??

your help would be most apprieciated

Jason

Post #: 1
RE: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B Quite Drive problem - 10/27/2005 5:33:06 PM   
Antonio

if writing lasts too long, there's nothing to do with Quite drive. get a different media. Personaly never heard of this feature.
moreover this sounds more than a reading feature than a burning.

(in reply to BedBug)
Post #: 2
RE: LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B Quite Drive problem - 12/7/2005 1:47:45 PM   
JoanieAnn

I had this problem and it was neither the drive nor the media.

Try going to the Control Panel > System > Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Right click on each Primary & Secondary IDE Channel then click the Advanced Settings Tab and make sure the Transfer mode is "DMA if available." Make sure it is this for both Device 0 and Device 1 for all channels!

Also, don't do it in the middle of the burn process as sometimes this comes into effect immediately and it will ruin the disc.

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B Quite Drive problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI