CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero Burning ROM   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 652 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero Burning ROM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero Burning ROM - 10/7/2003 7:53:17 PM   
Megan

Hey everyone, I’m not really sure where this post belongs but I decided to put it in here. Is anyone familiar with Nero burning ROM? If so, please help! I tried installing it, but it will only let me select the “image recorder” instead of audio, which completely disables me from being able to burn music CD’s because it’s stuck on image recorder. Anyone have a solution??? Thanks,
-Megan
Post #: 1
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/7/2003 9:17:09 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Megan and Welcome to Our Forum !!!
The usual case for your Problem is that Nero does not recognise your Writer so can you tell me your Writer Brand and Model number, Your Operating System also what version of Nero you are using [?]

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/8/2003 3:44:13 AM   
rabbit

A point worth mentioning is if the version of Nero is one that came when bought with a CD Writer, that pariticular version probably will not work with another manufacter of CD Writer.

eg. Nero that came with a Lite-On will not work with an AOpen drive.

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/8/2003 4:11:29 AM   
Megan

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Hi Megan and Welcome to Our Forum !!!
The usual case for your Problem is that Nero does not recognise your Writer so can you tell me your Writer Brand and Model number, Your Operating System also what version of Nero you are using [?]

Thanks for replying,
In answer to your questions, I think the writer brand is a USB 2.0? And then the number next to it (which I think is the model number) is 32x10x40. Please excuse my lack of computer knowledge! The version of Nero I am using is Nero Burning Rom V5.5.8.2. It has worked in the past, but then I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it and it's doing this, so I'm not sure. Hope you have some info that'll help, thanks,
-Megan

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/8/2003 4:19:50 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Don't worry Megan we all had to start somewhere and that is one of the reasons we are here for to help people with no knowledge of Computers or CDR Writing !!!
I will try to help you as much as I can and we will try and get to the bottom of your problem !!!
But the First thing you are going to have to tell me is what version of windows are you running !!!

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/8/2003 5:23:04 AM   
MP3Mogul

Megan, it would be helpful to edit your profile and let us know where you are from, although I can see you are from the US using DirectPC.......

Laffin is probably the most "SENIOR" mod on the board, and can assist you on anything you need.......... let us know if we can assist you in anything.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/8/2003 6:33:00 AM   
Megan

quote:

Don't worry Megan we all had to start somewhere and that is one of the reasons we are here for to help people with no knowledge of Computers or CDR Writing !!!
I will try to help you as much as I can and we will try and get to the bottom of your problem !!!
But the First thing you are going to have to tell me is what version of windows are you running !!!

Thanks!!! I've got Windows 98. Is that what you needed?

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/8/2003 7:30:56 AM   
Laffin Assassin

With MP3Mogul saying " probalby the most "SENIOR" mod on the board " I think he is trying to say I am the Oldest !!!

Right back to Work now the fun is over Megan now you have given me what Operating System you are using the next thing I need to do is ask you what Make Or Brand Name your Writer is. It will have a name on it usually on the Bottom of the case on a label if it is an External USB 2.0 (Which means it is outside the computer case in a case of its own and connects to the Computer with a usb cable)It will probably say Something like Liteon,Yamaha,Sony or Lacie and that is what we are looking for !!!

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/8/2003 10:33:12 PM   
MP3Mogul

I just couldn't avoid this......[^]

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/9/2003 12:51:52 AM   
Megan

quote:

With MP3Mogul saying " probalby the most "SENIOR" mod on the board " I think he is trying to say I am the Oldest !!!

Right back to Work now the fun is over Megan now you have given me what Operating System you are using the next thing I need to do is ask you what Make Or Brand Name your Writer is. It will have a name on it usually on the Bottom of the case on a label if it is an External USB 2.0 (Which means it is outside the computer case in a case of its own and connects to the Computer with a usb cable)It will probably say Something like Liteon,Yamaha,Sony or Lacie and that is what we are looking for !!!

Ok, on the top it just says USB CD rewriter...I can't seem to find a particular brand[V][?]

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/9/2003 1:03:17 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Is there a small label on the back of the Writer Case and did you get any box, Instructions or Driver Disk with your Writer [?]

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/9/2003 4:32:47 AM   
Megan

quote:

Is there a small label on the back of the Writer Case and did you get any box, Instructions or Driver Disk with your Writer [?]

Laffin Assassin,
I ended up figuring it out! I just unplugged the burner and plugged it back in...and it worked. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge as well as everyone else who responded to my post.
-Megan

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/9/2003 6:23:53 AM   
MP3Mogul

Megan,

We are glad that your situation is resolved..... this is very common with USB drives...... I have seen it more times than I care to remember....... Happy Burning..... and glad we got to the root of the evil for you........ I am SURE that Laffin will be as estatic as I am with your results.......Best of wishes..... and remember, please stay active in the forum, scan it daily, see what we can provide for you. This forum has a "wealth" of information to provide to you, even if you do not have a problem........ just read and you can learn very much from it......

Thanks again for your post, we are very pleased that your situation is resolved........

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero Burning ROM - 10/9/2003 3:50:42 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Yeah No one is more pleased than me !!!

(in reply to Megan)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero Burning ROM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI