CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Where to get Burn Rights for Nero in W2k?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1167 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Where to get Burn Rights for Nero in W2k? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Where to get Burn Rights for Nero in W2k? - 3/20/2002 4:40:40 PM   
uzi

hi ppl,
Found this in other forum, didn't tryed yet:

"OS: Win XP Pro - stand alone
Nero v 5.5.5.6 upgraded with download to v 5.5.7.2
CD ROM: Lite-On LTR-24102b

I also could not allow users to burn cds. I tried all of the aforementioned fixes without success. However on a whim, I reinstalled Nero v 5.5.7.2 (I didn't remove it first - just installed over itself) and succeeded in getting access for the
users group. I think the key is modifying the security setting on the CD device (Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management/Storage /Removable Storage/Libraries/[cd rom]) by right
clicking the device, then Properties/Security. Be sure the
user group of interest (e.g. USERS) has permission to "Modify" files. After this is set, then install Nero."

(in reply to DefenderSG)
Post #: 33
RE: Where to get Burn Rights for Nero in W2k? - 3/24/2002 12:08:18 PM   
CCampbell

Hi All,

Sorry if I have missed any who have requested this patch. So far, I only have one customer who still has trouble with this feature, and we are working on a better documentation. And of course, we hope to have a future release of Nero soon, that has this feature incorportated back into Nero so this patch will no longer be needed.

Sorry for anyone I have not responded too, or I took too long in responding too. I've been on the road constantly this past month, and have not been able to even visit this Forum. Though I have done my best to keep on top of my personal Emails, which have suffered too from my travels.

Again, sorry for the trouble. We are increasing our staff in the US, and hopefully some pressure will be releived soon.

But I am caught up on my emails, so any who need the patch still, pleaes request from me at techsupport4@nero.com, or any who have trouble with the patch still, do the same, and I will have our Engineers give a very detailed step by step process on how to use this patch. Better than the README we have provided so far. I expect to have this Detailed process in the next 3 to 5 working days.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to DefenderSG)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Where to get Burn Rights for Nero in W2k? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI