CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

dvdinfopro and asus some results   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1441 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> dvdinfopro and asus some results Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/3/2005 7:53:31 AM   
unfair

dear friends
could you explain the results,pls
in program's local help file it has been written pi should be under 280 and po should be under 32
if this is true ,the media is already death :)
what should PI Avg and PO Avg be ?
media is dvd-r 1-4x princo white

Post #: 1
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/3/2005 8:03:53 AM   
unfair

pls could you tell me for a good,for a best and for a bad media
what should pi and po avg be?
here is the versatil dvd-r 8x results

< Message edited by unfair -- 7/3/2005 8:10:35 AM >

(in reply to unfair)
Post #: 2
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/3/2005 12:57:42 PM   
KenW

>>in program's local help file it has been written pi should be under 280 and (po should be under 32 )
This is not correct po should be 280 or less , only pioneer clones and pioneer scan po all else scan pif and pif is the
one that should be 32 or less.

As that is a scan of pie vs poe you should read it like this

pie should be 280 or less
poe should be 280 or less
lower is better most good burns will
have level under 50 pie and poe will be low also.

As these graph are way over that this would mean they are poor or even bad burns
But scanning is relative and you should also try a test play if its video to see if your
settop will play them ok, if its data you should try to see if you can read the files back to HDD.

< Message edited by KenW -- 7/3/2005 1:02:05 PM >

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz Intel D975XBX2
LG-GGW-H20L YL03
Plextor 755SA 1.08
Samsung SH-S203B SB03

(in reply to unfair)
Post #: 3
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/4/2005 5:37:31 AM   
Flash

With the Pioneer 109 the results are varied between different drives so you can only compare you results with other media tested in your drive and relate the results to each other.
I have had similar results to you on media that has been good but you cannot compare your results with any other Pioneer drive because they will be entirely different.
Just use your drive to get comparisons with your media.

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS
http://flashman.rpc1.org
http://www.dvd-recordable.org
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WAY THEY ARE INTERPRETED

(in reply to KenW)
Post #: 4
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/5/2005 3:41:05 PM   
unfair

what about single peaks?

(in reply to Flash)
Post #: 5
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/5/2005 4:53:23 PM   
zebra

Again, very difficult to tell. :(

The best suggestion in this situation (as Pioneer drives have such an odd way of reporting parity information) is to ALSO run the RPM test and the Error block test, and post us the resulting pictures here. We will then be able to get a better idea of how the media has performed. Those large peaks/spikes do not tell us much *yet* but they may in conjunction with the two other tests you run. ;)

Look forward to seeing the results!

Z

Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever

My home - Speedlabs.org

The Zebra BLOG!

(in reply to unfair)
Post #: 6
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/5/2005 8:19:01 PM   
unfair

i want to share other media results which is better
and could you explain the results detailed,so i wouldnt ask you again :)
media philips dvd-r 1-8x box

(in reply to zebra)
Post #: 7
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/7/2005 3:45:44 AM   
zebra

Ok.

The first graph (PI/PO test) cannot tell you much here, as Pioneer type drives report information in an odd way. In general, Parity inner should not exceed 280, Parity outter should not exceed 32. This would suggest there are some problems with the media quality.

The next graph is more important! Notice that your yellow line graph is very wavy and irregular. This indicates that the drive is finding it difficult to read the disc back! Media quality is questionable! Might not be too good at all!

Finally, you have green CRC error check. This is good, as it means even though the media quality might not be perfect, it still has no damaged sectors, so your data is safe. :)

Try some different media...and redo tests, and we can compare them again, to see which is best. :)

Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever

My home - Speedlabs.org

The Zebra BLOG!

(in reply to unfair)
Post #: 8
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/7/2005 3:22:43 PM   
unfair

quote:

The first graph (PI/PO test) cannot tell you much here, as Pioneer type drives report information in an odd way. In general, Parity inner should not exceed 280, Parity outter should not exceed 32. This would suggest there are some problems with the media quality.

but my friend said asus doesnt support pif so your both pi/po values must be under 280-280 not 280-32

(in reply to zebra)
Post #: 9
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/7/2005 3:49:35 PM   
emperor

unfortunaly, PI/PIF scans with Pioneer drives are not a good way to say if a media has good or bad quality, i would just use the transfer rate graph, if its smooth, probably you won't have much problems

(in reply to unfair)
Post #: 10
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/8/2005 6:29:20 AM   
nicw

quote:

ORIGINAL: unfair

quote:

but my friend said asus doesnt support pif so your both pi/po values must be under 280-280 not 280-32

Everyone here ( apart from Flash ) is leading you on a wild goose chase.  Parity Outer PO should NOT be under 32. (* slaps Zebra  *)  They are confusing PO with PIF.  Pioneer drives dont report in an odd way at all  they just report PI and PO rather than PI and PIF that most other drives do. Infact another scanning utility shows it as PIF too which just adds to users confusion.  For Pioneer drives both the PI and PO should be under 280.  However never just use a pi.po scan by itself,  use it as part of a test.  Always check with CRC check as that is the most important one of all,  and also test in players.   Especially dont compare pi.po scans done by others in different drives.   Use it to compare burns done in your drive on different media and speeds.

cheers
nicw

< Message edited by nicw -- 7/8/2005 7:31:49 AM >

Cheers
NicW

Rudyard Kipling wrote:
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you....If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools

(in reply to unfair)
Post #: 11
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 7/8/2005 12:47:05 PM   
unfair

dear Friends,
dont you think it has been a tutorial for people who start to use dvdinfopro?i think we should improve this topicso i am going to send all my results... and nicw i understand what you say :) thanks again 

(in reply to nicw)
Post #: 12
RE: dvdinfopro and asus some results - 12/9/2005 6:32:39 AM   
gustep12

quote:

ORIGINAL: nicw

Everyone here ( apart from Flash ) is leading you on a wild goose chase.  Parity Outer PO should NOT be under 32. (* slaps Zebra  *)  They are confusing PO with PIF.  Pioneer drives dont report in an odd way at all  they just report PI and PO rather than PI and PIF that most other drives do. Infact another scanning utility shows it as PIF too which just adds to users confusion.  For Pioneer drives both the PI and PO should be under 280.  However never just use a pi.po scan by itself,  use it as part of a test.  Always check with CRC check as that is the most important one of all,  and also test in players.   Especially dont compare pi.po scans done by others in different drives.   Use it to compare burns done in your drive on different media and speeds.

cheers
nicw

O.k., I have a question here.. what *IS* the difference between PIF and PO ? It isn't explained in the wiki or anywhere else that I looked. Here is what I think I know so far:

PI = PIE (synonymous) = Parity Inner Error, will undergo PI correction attempt next
PIF = Parity Inner Failure, occurs if inner parity correction attempt failed

now...

PO = POE (synonymous) = Parity Outer Error, e.g. errors that were not corrected with inner parity? Wouldn't that mean PO = PIF? If not, then in general, is PO > PIF, or PO < PIF ? And why?!

And of course

POF = Parity Outer Failure, presumably happens when a PO (and a PIF?) could not be corrected by outer parity. This is a "hard" error that presumably should also give a CRC32 error when scanning a CD, and it cannot be further corrected. With a bit of luck, a disk that gives a POF can probably still be read without a POF on a different (better) drive.

Please clairfy... Thanks!!

(in reply to nicw)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> dvdinfopro and asus some results Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI